Airline Mogul Forum

Leasing

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
on: March 21, 2007, 05:45:50 pm
I'm a new guy so i could just be missing an old post (i tried looking briefly)...

but i just leased my own aircraft to see what i could see, now i cannot drop the leasing contract with myself or relist/scrap it...

mind you it was a garbage aircraft floated to see if i could make any money off it so its quagmire is a very small concern, it's just highly annoying and strange.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 05:58:04 pm
Well, technically, you cannot make money from leasing to yourself, since you pay yourself with your own money, so you'd get nowhere at all. But you'll have to wait for Stephen to return it, I guess.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 06:13:07 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
I'm a new guy so i could just be missing an old post (i tried looking briefly)...

Firstly welcome to Airline Mogul, the only topic you missed is this one. ;)
http://www.stephenm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35

Basically I need a user id/airline id and an aircraft id and I'll sort it out. It has happened before but not too often!
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 02:52:04 am
I forgot about that one.  

I just find it strange i can lease my own aircraft (let alone the heirarchy involved there)...

Air Elbonia (333)

Aircraft 3261

as i said, i leased it from myself, now i cannot cancel my own contract because i'm being displayed the Leassor, as opposed to the Leassee's page (because i'm Both) and you cannot cancel a lease (rightly so) from the Leassors page.

I know a slight bit of php, so i know that a a simple if($leasor == $leassee){ throw error flag "you cannot lease your own aircraft, go [linked] here to pull it from the market", end end function/die } should prevent it. (though likely prettier and with proper variables).

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 03:17:46 pm
Truth be told I was simply too lazy to add it and I didn't think of it at the time. I'll upload a fix this weekend.

Thanks!
Stephen Murphy

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 03:24:15 pm
If you're uploading relatively simple fixes...

could you make it so you cannot spend more then 1 DOP past 0 euros on gates? I kind of noticed that there's no limit on what you can spend on gates regardless of what cash you have, and have adjusted my strategy for it.  the 1 DOP part allows for what would 'actually' be partial day revenues being used to rent gates that day (adding gates/routes would increase DOP and likely increase how far below you can go, but serving bigger airports would likely cause you to lose ground).

Same basic principle with forming alliances and/or creating base cities... :roll:

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 11:28:36 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
could you make it so you cannot spend more then 1 DOP past 0 euros on gates?

The way its currently setup its not possible, but I can setup a "tag" so that if a transation is tagged for positive cash only it wont allow you to rent gates when in debt etc.
Stephen Murphy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk