Airline Mogul Forum

Some questions I have about the game

CrazyHorse

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 09, 2008, 11:20:09 am
Hi! There are some things I can't find the answers for, so I thought I shouls ask here:

- Who gets the gate rental fees? If I construct a terminal, can I rent out the gates?

- I am currently playing in World 4. In the list of the worlds, I see a column called "Focus Cities [Foreign]". What does this mean? I can't create focus cities outside the country I started in?

- What does "fluctuating airports" mean?

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 11:23:57 am
Quote from: "CrazyHorse"
Hi! There are some things I can't find the answers for, so I thought I shouls ask here:

- Who gets the gate rental fees? If I construct a terminal, can I rent out the gates?

- I am currently playing in World 4. In the list of the worlds, I see a column called "Focus Cities [Foreign]". What does this mean? I can't create focus cities outside the country I started in?

- What does "fluctuating airports" mean?

- How can this airline have hubs at different continents? I didn't know it was allowed...

1. The gates are yours.. always. You pay 3/4 less than you usually pay

2. No. You can create focus cities anywhere in your continent. The Foreign ones are meant to let you have 1-2 bases outside your continent.

3. It means that airports PAX go up and down every month/year.

4. Please do not accuse people in public. Also read number 2  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 11:48:11 am
Gate rental fees go to Stephen :lol: No, not really. AFAIK they go nowhere. They are just subtracted from your cash upon rental and the month changes

No, you cannot rent out gates (and before you ask: this will never be implemented due to possible cheating).

In the past you could only create hubs (or focus cities) on a specific continent (I prefer the word region). With the launch of multiworlds you may be allowed to create a focus city on a different continent. Example:

7 (1)

This means you can create 7 focus cities on the continent you created your first base OR 5 focus cities on the continent you created your first base AND 1 on a different continent. Note that the number 5 is not a typo. A foreign base counts twice.

Where did you get the expression "fluctuating airports" from? (I can't explain it without knowing the context)
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

yourefired

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 11:51:13 am
Gate rental fees go to the imaginary airport authorities.

Air Canada, LLC (Private W224)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 11:52:02 am
Where did you get the expression "fluctuating airports" from? (I can't explain it without knowing the context)

Seriously.. Doesn't Will tell his staffs.  :lol: Go to Select World. Find it there  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 12:04:25 pm
Quote from: "Jps"

Seriously.. Doesn't Will tell his staffs.  :lol: Go to Select World. Find it there  :lol:

You better watch your attitude Jps, otherwise you may be taking a 1 month break.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Hot Drink

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 01:02:40 pm
:lol:
ode: NET, ID:11228
Codeshare Network
One of the best airlines operating in Middle East
http://airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=11228
In Partnership with British Airways, ID:7933