Airline Mogul Forum

Gate fees

Aeroblot

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 29, 2008, 06:45:35 am
I did some searching to see if I could find anywhere where this was reported before, and I'm not really sure if I've found an explanation for it or not.

By the way, my airline's ID is 10006.

I noticed that gate rental fees are charged immediately upon rental.  Fair enough.  I also notice they're not calculated on a pro-rata basis.  Fine.  Whatever.  No biggie.

As far as my activities so far, I've chosen my base (Calgary), rented a gate in London, set up a route between the two, rented and returned a gate in Toronto (which, I understand, is nonrefundable) and then edited the route between Calgary and London.

However, this is the breakdown of my gate fees (copied and pasted):

9/3/1983 Gate Rental (London) €0 €50,000
9/3/1983 Gate Rental (Calgary) €0 €200,000
9/3/1983 Gate Rental (Toronto) €0 €250,000
9/3/1983 Gate Rental (Calgary) €0 €200,000
Totals for Debit/Credit: €0 €700,000

I understand where the first three fees came from and realise the 250,000 is gone, but what about that last 200,000?

Did that somehow get charged when I edited my one route?

If that second charge is somehow legitimate, I would like to know precisely why that is so.  I have one gate in London, one gate in Calgary, one route between the two and 250,000 down the tubes for a gate in Toronto that I never ended up using.  This should add up to 500,000 in fees for the month, not 700,000.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

empedocles

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 01:08:34 pm
You start with 2 gates at your initial base.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 01:10:22 pm
First, your base in Calgary  should give you two free gates. Did you get those? Then... did you returned those? And did you rent another out?
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Aeroblot

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 03:52:02 am
Perhaps I did return and then re-rent a gate.  I don't know for sure though.  I guess I'll just eat the cost.

Sorry to bother you guys.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 04:52:36 am
Unfortunately, I cannot readily tell whether you did or did not rent and return the gate.  Feel free to bother us with questions or bugs, unfortunately I can't be of help with this one.  Sorry about taking so long to catch up with investigating it.  Been a busy week.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 04:56:02 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
Unfortunately, I cannot readily tell whether you did or did not rent and return the gate.  Feel free to bother us with questions or bugs, unfortunately I can't be of help with this one.

Same here :(
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Aeroblot

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 03:38:56 am
Hey - I appreciate that you're getting back to me on this.  Thing is, I can't really remember myself what happened.  But it's okay.  I think I've more than made back what I lost on the deal, so I'm ok with absorbing it.  I'll file it under miscellaneous expenses or something.

I guess that's what I get for conducting business while half asleep.   :roll:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk