• View Profile
Reply #15 on: February 25, 2008, 02:04:44 pm
I look forward to it
ly RMA! ID 8668
Proud Member of Kiwi Alliance
"THE African Experience"

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 25, 2008, 09:51:00 pm
You made a good choice for starting out at a medium size airport like ONT (unlike me the idiot who plans on all 250K airports :lol: ).  But flying to SBP, ive never even heard of that airport before i looked it up (no offense to anybody who lives in San Luis Obispo).  Maybe fly to something bigger, such as SAN or LAX or LAS or PHX, etc.  From one small airport to another wont get you as much profit as flying to a bigger airport.  Try that out and see how it works for ya. ;)

czhang

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Threshold Airlines news room @ Networld Alliance
Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 09:41:25 am
Quote from: "nwaboy"
You made a good choice for starting out at a medium size airport like ONT (unlike me the idiot who plans on all 250K airports :lol: ).  But flying to SBP, ive never even heard of that airport before i looked it up (no offense to anybody who lives in San Luis Obispo).  Maybe fly to something bigger, such as SAN or LAX or LAS or PHX, etc.  From one small airport to another wont get you as much profit as flying to a bigger airport.  Try that out and see how it works for ya. ;)

I completely agree. And don't build another base too soon. When I first started, I built up a second base and one click later, my cash was almost a million in the hole! One quick reset later, I have a new base (SFO) and many 1x frequency flights to the major airports within my BAe-146's range. and now look where I am...

DOP:   €621,481
Airline Cash:   €8,861,246
Airline Value:   €59,993,275
Average Loadfactor:   100.00%

Threshold Airlines (XTX) - ID 9866
Smart Flying - Networld Alliance

Steeler83

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 01, 2008, 01:56:35 am
I actually had some assistance from a fellow based in the Caribbean who told me that pretty much what others have told you.  Fly 1x frequencies to your markets, and try to fly smaller aircraft to your more regional markets first before doing something long-distance.  Do not save up for the larger aircraft.  Start out with smaller aircraft.  I have a number of Shorts 360s that I will use, and any one of these can make 160k-plus for you.  On top of my BAE 146, which makes over 600k, my Shorts360s make 161k, 170k, and 186k.  My DOP is just over 1.1 million Euros for the time being.

I was about to fly 2 and 3 frequency routes, but this is why I wasn't doing so well in earlier rounds I have played in...
teeler83
Founder and CEO of Buon Giorno! Airlines

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk