Airline Mogul Forum

Finances

Hutty Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: February 07, 2008, 10:14:06 pm
On the right where it says Projected Totals, on the very bottom is that the amount of money you will have next month after your bills are paid??

MarioDooley

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 10:26:57 pm
It's the profit you'll have made in the current month. Next months deductions will be taken out of your balance at the start of the month.
er Ballyfermot ID 8107

West Dublin's Premier Airline

Getting You There.....Someday!

Hutty Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 10:49:04 pm
but that number already has your expenses taken out of it....like on mine it says in the middle for Projected Totals $2,871,413
as total revenue...then on the bottom for Profit/Loss it says $1,517,409....what does that second number mean???...is it how much you will have after this months expenses?????

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 11:24:24 pm
What you have to do is look at your Finance page on the 1st of the upcoming month. Then the bottom-right number, if you don't spend any cash, and your DOP is stable, will be how much additional cash you will have on the 24th of said-month.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Hutty Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 11:35:12 pm
so if you have $10,000 and the bottom right says $10,000 and you keep everything the same, you sill have $20,000 by the last day of the month? And then your expenses will be deducted from the $20,000 you have? And the total expenses in gray is what is deducted?

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 12:17:17 am
Look, that's your profit/loss for the month which in this game is close but not quite the same as cash flow.

If you want to know how much cash you'll have by the end of the month and use the information on that page do this: from that number on the bottom right (total for the month) deduct the left column (how much you've already made or lost). This will be close (but not quite) to how much more money you'll get. Add this number to your current cash.

Say you have €10,000 in cash, the bottom right of the finance page says €10,000 and the Month To Date columns says minus €5,000 (a loss). Then you're expected to make €15,000 until the end of the month. Add those to your €10,000 in cash and you get €25,000 expected by month's end.

More important than cash in hand at the end of the month if cash on the first day of next month, to see if you can cover your fixed expenses (gates, maintenance, leasings) withouth going into red. Assume the last three non-grayed figures on the right column will be the same next month. Except for aircraft maintenance because, even if you didn't buy any new ones, the older they get the more they cost in maintenance.

Hutty Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 02:09:17 am
Thank you I think I got it now but just to be sure after I get the first number of how much I will have by months end, I add
rental fees, gate fees, and maintenance fees together and subtract it from the first number to see where I will be next month? Because (sorry for all the questions) what are with the fuel, staff, and misc. expenses then...

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 08:54:36 pm
Basically, if you look at your bank balance and you want to know what it will look like at the start of next month, you do the following:

1. Calculate the difference between <Projected Totals> and <To Date> total profit
2. Add that difference to your current bank balance
3. Subtract maintenance costs, gate rental fees, lease expenses
4. Add lease revenue

(May have forgotten some)

Hutty Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 11:06:12 pm
ok well I am not Hutty Air any more I am Fenway International in Boston and I am out of slots for my 2 gates I started with, how do I get another gate for more routes?? and how do I return a leased aircraft?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk