Airline Mogul Forum

No New Official Brokers for this Round

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
on: February 01, 2008, 10:18:39 pm
It was decided by a poll on a private forum that no new brokers will be appointed this round. If people wish to broker they may do so, but the role of "Official" broker is still being debated.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

a1b23

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 10:20:43 pm
i  think any one can do -10% if they wanted,  but official broker should be able to do - 20%
1b23

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 10:34:18 pm
I personally think brokers should pay -20% for aircraft so we get at least 10% profit on each sale to help us along...

Sam

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 10:34:46 pm
Quote from: "a1b23"
i  think any one can do -10% if they wanted,  but official broker should be able to do - 20%

That is... counter-productive (although that is not the word I want to use... I can't insult anyone :roll: ). The sole reason for adding more official brokers is that people are constantly whining about not even services from them. As long as official brokers have more discount than others, they would not be able to provide enough services to cover the demand at the current setup of the system.

As a result, lowering the markups would not solve the perception of a problem. In fact it would increase the perception because of the more tempting benefits.

What we would get is lowered plane prices, increased growth rates for airlines, decreased or the same growth rates for official brokers, and thus a higher perception of shortage of services and a quicker saturation point.

Personally, I think we should get rid of the official brokers and get rid of the brokerage system so all of you could enjoy the game with one less percepted problem.

Anyway, this is an announcement, not a discussion. (Translated: the decision has been made.)
Topic locked.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk