Xtri · 29 · 5495

Chavaquiah

• Airline Supervisor
  • E outra vez conquistaremos a Distância
    • View Profile
    • SkyPact-Concept Alliance
Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 12:11:16 am
Quote from: "pocketbookbrando"
Well you could just focus on large routes.

I might as well. Still, I don't feel like becoming an eBay sniper, waiting until the last minute to bid on a route.

Guess I'll have to hire a product manager for each route. Yes, real airlines CEOs have people to help them whereas I have to get some sleep.

Triple_7

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 05:05:05 am
Bug fix...that explains some things :?   I noticed that same thing, LF would drop sometimes 75% when someone new moved in but in editing my price could actually climb €75+ :o

But now it kinda feels like last round which is the same reason I eventually gave up.  Still think its a little buggy.  Its one thing for prices to drop with competition but something that has always bugged me is how much effect €1 can have between a full load and a tiny load.

I noticed this last round and now its happening again.  Say I have a price of €1000 on a 1 frequency route, someone comes in and puts the same aircraft and same frequency for €999...this suddenly drops my load factor from 100% down to more like 25% till I drop the price to €998 and get 100% again.  Then the little €1 war begins.  Its one thing for loads to drop like that if someone came in and put €100 on that route but only a buck cheaper then mine...load should still be in the 90% or maybe not even drop at all :?   Its not a huge deal right now as theres not that many routes to edit...but last round when I had over 500 routes going these huge drops over a buck really became impossible manage.  LF shouldn't drop so drastically over a €1 difference :shock:
ast Real Flight...Taiwan 2006...July 30th Through August 19th...FWA-DFW-LAX-TPE.....TPE-LAX-ORD-FWA.

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 06:18:56 am
To me it starts to be a bit bothering. and reducing prices 1 euro by 1 euro is an endless job
URL=http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=5435][/URL]

You never rose that high!

epxair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 10:40:04 am
Quote from: "bibi974"
To me it starts to be a bit bothering. and reducing prices 1 euro by 1 euro is an endless job

this means the war commenced....
uropacific Air.....id: 4659
A member of Universal Empire Alliance
Partners: British Airways, Vladivostok Avia, Virgin America, Airblue

designed by killian320

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 10:41:24 am
Quote from: "epxair"
Quote from: "bibi974"

this means the war commenced....

so soon...

waerth

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 11:51:11 am
Unfortunately once quiet Bangkok seems to be the target of a couple of big Asian airlines. From only 2 small competitors there are now at least 8 based in Bangkok of which 4 big ones. Most of my routes are healthy, but 3 of them have the 1 Euro decline ratewar going on :(. And if I do not participate my loadfactors drop dramatically on those routes :(. It only seems to happen on same frequency/airplane routes though. So the solution might be choosing a different frequency and plane from the competition!

Waerth

bibi974

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 11:53:02 am
unfortunately it does not only happen with same plane/frequency to a certain extent

Is it me or this war started way earlier than last round?

Triple_7

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 07:08:06 pm
The war did take an early start at least in Asia.  Right now its not a big deal but once everyone begins to have multiple hubs and a couple hundred plus routes going these little €1 drops are going to become impossible to manage just like what happened in last round.  Its not just one route here and there thats effected but sometimes over half of them if your gone more then a couple hours.  Its not an issue if it only dropped load factor by a percent or two but when €1 means the difference between a 25% load and a 100% load somethings wrong.  Real life this would have virtually no effect what so ever.  The way things are setup now, especially this early in the game you could end up bankrupt if you left for more then a couple days.  There has to be a way to fix the codes so the effect of a €1 difference isn't so drastic.  I could only see this kind of effect being possible if 3 or 4 people dropped the price by several hundred...not a buck :?
ast Real Flight...Taiwan 2006...July 30th Through August 19th...FWA-DFW-LAX-TPE.....TPE-LAX-ORD-FWA.

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 09:33:02 pm
Its not only Asia. Happens here in Europe at least at Madrid and Frankfurt, too. :cry: I was wondering if this is due to the change of the .5 rule... :roll: routes have more freq by this rule now.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

Gustavo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 01:49:59 am
This is happening in South America too. 1 euro pricing war in São Paulo/Congonhas and São Paulo/Guarulhos  is, already, way too annoying.
img]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1553/logonordestefinalgifjr4.gif[/img]

AndyC

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 05, 2008, 02:12:08 am
Don't understand why 2 or 3 people can't share a route and leave LF's at say, 75-80 - that's better for everyone than cutting prices ridiculously, say, like, from 400 straight down to 20.  :roll:
img]http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6280/ewaysyj4.jpg[/img]

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 02:45:38 am
I have the impression it is impossible to "share" as €1 difference can mean a drop from 100% to 30% loadfactor.

gizgiz

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 03:01:42 am
Well.

It seems as though many airlines have deviated from the path of win. Welcome to fail. :) Seriously though, this decides the turning point for many airlines. It's really war of attrition. If you have the patience to reset your routes (which reminds me...of AMARRS), then you'll still be in 5 game years from now.
[20:28] <Jps> your still a w****r with your new sig
[20:36] <gizgiz> you know what? this channel is hopeless
[20:36] *** gizgiz was kicked from #AirlineMogul by Jps [Just get lost.]

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 03:28:48 am
Well nobody here is paid to create routes.  Airline management are under pressure to create profitable routes and would operate at quite a heavy loss if they flew a flight for $1.  Doing so when the rest of the competition is covering costs or making a profit wouldn't exactly make the CEO likely to keep his/her job.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk