Airline Mogul Forum

How many people charge for drinks/food?

boilermaker

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 01:51:40 am
Quote from: "MarioDooley"

Fair prices and it's payin my fuel bill!!!  :lol:

I started charging a nominal fee for meals and drinks and my DOP went up 2K immediately. And that revenue is just about paying my fuel bill  :D

MarioDooley

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 03:25:31 am
Every little helps people!
er Ballyfermot ID 8107

West Dublin's Premier Airline

Getting You There.....Someday!

seafly4fun

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 07:02:32 am
I just wish that at the end of the day the profits were more consistent. Some days (AM days) I can do 6k then the next day it'll drop just under 6k. But yes it does add up if you look at the big picture with charging for food. Like stated before it pays for some peoples fuel and that ain't cheap!
ttp://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=8248
MCLR where we put the boogie in air travel!

mwdfdolan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 07:09:03 am
I charge €60 for everything.
img]http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/899/tnwdc9od1.png[/img]
TNW -- The Airline That Takes You Nonstop to Cloud Nine.
Airline ID 3287

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 07:20:00 am
I think the people who make the site really need to make food/drinks more realistic.  Nobody was charging for this in the 70's.  Certainly 60 euros (not that they existed at the time) for breakfast or a drink is a tad unrealistic.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 07:24:30 am
It is realistic. The more the price increases the more it affects how many people drink your coffee. I charge mine at 20. As I calculated about 70% of my people drink the coffee.

If you dont like it. Leave it.

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

mwdfdolan

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 07:32:23 am
Quote from: "pocketbookbrando"
I think the people who make the site really need to make food/drinks more realistic.  Nobody was charging for this in the 70's.  Certainly 60 euros (not that they existed at the time) for breakfast or a drink is a tad unrealistic.

Eh...it makes those extra few €'s to pay the bills!
img]http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/899/tnwdc9od1.png[/img]
TNW -- The Airline That Takes You Nonstop to Cloud Nine.
Airline ID 3287

clee899

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 07:34:09 am
Quote from: "Jps"
It is realistic. The more the price increases the more it affects how many people drink your coffee. I charge mine at 20. As I calculated about 70% of my people drink the coffee.

If you dont like it. Leave it.

Realistic? Would you buy a cup of coffee for 20 euros?

Didn't think so. The system determining prices for food/drinks needs to be fixed, IMO.
img]http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5485/mybanner477b04be4b9ddgdaj8.jpg[/img]

Mountainair ID:2484

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 07:44:35 am
If the coffee was good.. yea 20 euros  :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

pocketbookbrando

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 06:00:23 pm
"It is realistic. The more the price increases the more it affects how many people drink your coffee. I charge mine at 20. As I calculated about 70% of my people drink the coffee."

Do you have any idea of how much negative press someone in the 70's would have gotten for charging what would be the 1970 equivalent of close to 200USD for a cup of coffee?  Nobody would buy anything you were selling ever.  In fact, nobody would fly on your airline as back then people were not paying for drinks or food.  You'd have a serious hit not in who bought your coffee, but who got on your planes.  

If you dont like it. Leave it."

Leave it?  Please keep your comments and trolls to yourself.  Were you able to charge $1m euros for a flight from Albany, NY to Sarasota people might think it was out of whack.  The pricing structure of this totally takes away from the game.

clee899

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 06:03:37 pm
Quote from: "pocketbookbrando"
"It is realistic. The more the price increases the more it affects how many people drink your coffee. I charge mine at 20. As I calculated about 70% of my people drink the coffee."

Do you have any idea of how much negative press someone in the 70's would have gotten for charging what would be the 1970 equivalent of close to 200USD for a cup of coffee?  Nobody would buy anything you were selling ever.  In fact, nobody would fly on your airline as back then people were not paying for drinks or food.  You'd have a serious hit not in who bought your coffee, but who got on your planes.  

If you dont like it. Leave it."

Leave it?  Please keep your comments and trolls to yourself.  Were you able to charge $1m euros for a flight from Albany, NY to Sarasota people might think it was out of whack.  The pricing structure of this totally takes away from the game.

Couldn't have said it better. Amen.
img]http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/5485/mybanner477b04be4b9ddgdaj8.jpg[/img]

Mountainair ID:2484

boilermaker

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 01:01:07 am
Quote from: "clee899"

Realistic? Would you buy a cup of coffee for 20 euros?

Jamaica Blue Mountain. Worth every cent  :D

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 01:32:18 am
there are some premium coffees/alcohols/etc.

but yes. i'll be looking at scaling back the "peak" price to a more reasonable level.  in this game, everything's assumed to be inflated back to about modern levels as well as converted to euros [however the prices on planes are auto-generated, and may deviate from "real" prices].
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

blue25

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 01:34:25 am
Did we get our answer? Can we lock this very shortly?
I feel that from the conversations that people have found an average price to charge.
Alto Airlines [ID: 2167]

ChinaPacific

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 01:54:10 am
mya i know how can i know how many percentage of my passenger consume my fod inflight?
img]http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinelogos/CNP970203A.gif[/img]
________We Treasure Each Encounter________

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk