Airline Mogul Forum

Is It Possible To Merge?

airplane2011@msn.com

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 15, 2007, 04:18:49 pm
Can two different airlines have a merger?  If so, would it have to be done by the administrators?  JW.

Chad

"a whole different animal."

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 04:24:02 pm
No they cant. It will be very unfair.

Example:

Player A merges with Player B to form Jetliner. Jetliner is controlled by both. Player A decides he wants to buy 70 Connies. Player B comes 2 hours later and sees no money left for him to spend on his 200 Viscounts from Green.

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

airplane2011@msn.com

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 04:28:17 pm
Quote from: "Jps"

Example:

Player A merges with Player B to form Jetliner. Jetliner is controlled by both. Player A decides he wants to buy 70 Connies. Player B comes 2 hours later and sees no money left for him to spend on his 200 Viscounts from Green.

You must have alot of Viscounts available don't you.  :P  Also, thats why you don't buy aircraft when you don't have a safe amount of money left.  Whenever I buy, there is always at least 95,000,000 in my cash!

gagahput3ra

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 05:39:13 pm
Quote from: "airplane2011@msn.com"

Example:

You must have alot of Viscounts available don't you.  :P  Also, thats why you don't buy aircraft when you don't have a safe amount of money left.  Whenever I buy, there is always at least 95,000,000 in my cash!

Really?  :shock: So why the hell i always buy whenever i got the cash?!  :P
img]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3166/gwebsair21nm8.png[/img]
GweBS Air[BS]. A New Life Is Here.
BlueSkies Members
Official Partners Of Fly Luso, Czech International Airlines, Asian Connection & Fly Mogul

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 08:27:19 pm

Example:

the two airlines merged knowing that they would get along.  if you joined someone that stole all your money to buy planes, why would you have merged in the first place? :P

Also, if they had mergers they would have to have seperations, too (think Singapore/Malaysia).  Player A would leave with a value proportionate to what he had before the merger, same with Player B.  Say Player B had twice as much value as Player A when they joined.  Then Jetliner made a lot of money, but after Player A decided to take advantage of the merger and buy the connies, then player B got mad and requested a seperation to the admins.  Then Player A would probably get 23 of those connies and Player B would get 46, as well as however many planes each had before the merger.  (23 + 46 = 69 -- the last connie would be split between the players, player A getting 1/3 of the plane and Player B getting the other 2/3 :lol: )

airplane2011@msn.com

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 08:33:08 pm
I think some groups could make it work.  Others that don't get along and are disorganized wouldn't make it work.  If it was to happen, you would be puting your own airline at risk of bankruptcy due to someone being a control freak!  I think this feature should be available to people who are willing to put their airline at risk and have a plan with their partner to make it work and have their corporation grow.

blumage

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 08:42:29 pm
This idea will result in cheating.

ID 5228
And if we like to over do things just Imagine what is like to be our Guest!
Proud Member of BlueSkies

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 08:47:23 pm
Quote from: "blumage"
This idea will result in cheating.

not if both airlines agree to it first.  and don't forget the seperations..if that is in place then you can't gain anything by cheating on merging, because you could be dumped and end up with what you had before. :roll:

if two airlines merge in real life they would be very close to start off with -- in rl, air france/klm; in the game, maybe orange/vgn america. :D

i made some posts in the "ACQUISITIONS" thread of the suggestions forum -- look there, there is a similar subject. :)

Vamerica

• Airline Senior Manager
  • Welcome Aboard Virgin America
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 09:54:32 pm
I buy jets till I run out of cash.

suntoucher

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 07:42:41 am
Good old Vam
img]http://www.freewebs.com/originalsuntoucher/70s%20logo.jpg[/img]
Suntoucher Incorporated - Flying into bright lights since 1954.

BigDerriAir[FT]

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 06:10:04 pm
I buy jets 'till I run out of cash, then I rent gates 'till the system cuts me off. :D
img]http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/5/8/9/0/3/webimg/94956616_o.jpg[/img]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk