Airline Mogul Forum

Limit on flights

Norfolk International Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 03, 2007, 11:05:12 pm
Am I right in saying you can only fly a route 10 times max?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 11:24:09 pm
That rule is no longer valid... at least at the moment.... no saying whether it will be implemented again in the future.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Norfolk International Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 11:25:23 pm
Got someone flying a route 17 times  :shock:   :lol:  :lol:

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 11:26:04 pm
Well, they would be competing against themselves. :lol:
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 02:01:34 am
no id be competing against EuroPacific...  :P

seriously on some routes, it's unavoidable alas... im flying one route 19x... because i have to to hold off the competition.

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 02:12:09 am
seriously though--i tried to fly from boston to providence, even on 0.5 freq anything above $1.00 was 0% loadfactor and even at $1.00 for some reason my income on the route was $0. :?

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 02:39:05 am
Quote from: "nwaboy"
seriously though--i tried to fly from boston to providence, even on 0.5 freq anything above $1.00 was 0% loadfactor and even at $1.00 for some reason my income on the route was $0. :?

Well ok so:

A> you tried to take on the biggest airline in BOS
B> you tried to enter an already oversaturated route
C> the airline flying the most BOS-PVD is a real bastard... i should know, he's me  :twisted:

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 02:43:59 am
Quote from: "Pilgrim"
Quote from: "nwaboy"

Well ok so:

A> you tried to take on the biggest airline in BOS
B> you tried to enter an already oversaturated route
C> the airline flying the most BOS-PVD is a real bastard... i should know, he's me  :twisted:

doubt you have the same problem though :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :lol:

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 03:05:10 am
I had an airline running 72.5 frequencies against me on a route.  72 frequencies with one plane, plus a 0.5 frequency with another! :P

Generally you're running too many frequencies if you have to rent extra gates at the destination airport.  When you consider the cost of the gates, plus the opportunity cost of the plane's hours (i.e. how much money could that plane be making elsewhere?) it's generally not worth it to run a ton of frequencies at ultra-low fares.
lying Badger Airlines

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 09:33:33 am
I put in a large number of checks against gate hogging, and Air Elbonia developed terminals to help with this problem. Between those two areas we feel it is no longer required to have a frequency rule.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 10:09:21 am
Terminals only help when their actually basing there.. but flying a route to another airport.

It causes more gate hogging

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

Pilgrim

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 02:27:15 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
Terminals only help when their actually basing there.. but flying a route to another airport.

If i could, id build 5 gate terminals at alot of my outstations... and im sure alot of the other big players would too.

Armygrognard

Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 07:23:21 pm

If i could, id build 5 gate terminals at alot of my outstations... and im sure alot of the other big players would too.

I wouldn't.  For the most part, I'm satisfied with my routes having one plane at 1 frequency.  An exception is:

* If I'm the first guy on a lucrative route, I'll go 2+ (I just dropped one from a 2 freq route when someone else popped in)

* Someone new to the route jumps in with a Connie (or equivilent) and gets clever by running 2-6 frequencies.
   NOTE: I will presonally run that route right into the ground to ONE EURO.

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 01:46:01 am
Quote from: "Armygrognard"

I wouldn't.  For the most part, I'm satisfied with my routes having one plane at 1 frequency.  An exception is:

* If I'm the first guy on a lucrative route, I'll go 2+ (I just dropped one from a 2 freq route when someone else popped in)

* Someone new to the route jumps in with a Connie (or equivilent) and gets clever by running 2-6 frequencies.
   NOTE: I will presonally run that route right into the ground to ONE EURO.

most new routes i make are 1 freq--unless the plane is running with just a couple hours left on it, then i do 1.5

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk