Airline Mogul Forum

Tag flights?

bad_kelpie

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 28, 2007, 06:05:20 am
HI.

I cant seem to find out how 'tag flights' are created in order to accomplish very thin routes.

Ive done 'search' but the word 'tag' brings up a dizzying array of postings.

Thanks!

-Jackalope Airways
 JPE

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 12:03:49 pm
hmm... what do you mean by "tag flights"? :? refueling? out-sourcing? connecting? :?

Anyway, I don't think you could create that. You can only create routes in one way, and all routes is created that way.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

bad_kelpie

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 05:07:48 pm
Tag flights meaning a flight that will enter one destination, while then continuing onto a further destination (one that would out-distance the aircraft).  Real-time tag flights might be like QF SYD-LAX-JFK, etc.

For example:   MaitlandAir - MII

This airline ranks #2 currently in Australasia in-game.

Check out the route structure.  Routes originate Australia-South America-Florida

These look like 'tag' flights to me, but perhaps are refuel stops etc.  I cant seem to find information on this.....

Thanks!

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 05:11:57 pm
Nope. Possibly one flight originating from his hub, and the other from an alliance hub.

No tag flights / fuel stops / connecting flights / flights with multiple stops exist in this game.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 05:16:08 pm
Quote from: "bad_kelpie"
Check out the route structure.  Routes originate Australia-South America-Florida

What looks like "Tag" flights or what I would call "Stop-over" flights is actually that airline using an alliance members hub. So flights from continent A can go to continent B to connect with another flight inside continent B. Currently this is the only way of simulating "Tag" or "Stop over" flights.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

AirHanoverInternational

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 05:18:51 pm
Tag flights meaning a flight that will enter one destination, while then continuing onto a further destination (one that would out-distance the aircraft).  Real-time tag flights might be like QF SYD-LAX-JFK, etc.

These look like 'tag' flights to me, but perhaps are refuel stops etc.  I cant seem to find information on this.....

Thanks!

You cannot create the flights you would like to. But there are some "work-arounds" to do that.

First you need to join an alliance. One of their bases need to be on the airport you would like to use for a "stop-over". Rent a gate there and create one route to your base (this will be the "departure airport") and create a second route to the destination ("arrival airport"). There are some limitations for that - for example "number of alliance flights" is 20 flights maximum.
an (AirHanoverInternational ID:5980)

bad_kelpie

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 06:13:30 pm
AH!

Got it.  Thanks for explaining.  Much appreciated!

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 01:33:18 am
Quote from: "AirHanoverInternational"

Thanks!

You cannot create the flights you would like to. But there are some "work-arounds" to do that.

First you need to join an alliance. One of their bases need to be on the airport you would like to use for a "stop-over". Rent a gate there and create one route to your base (this will be the "departure airport") and create a second route to the destination ("arrival airport"). There are some limitations for that - for example "number of alliance flights" is 20 flights maximum.

It does not need to be an alliance base.

for example: if you have JFK, LAX as bases, you can do JFK-[ORD/other city]-LAX (you'd create a JFK-[ORD] route and a LAX-[ORD] route for the same plane).  This is only possible as long as both ends are in some way a focus city available to you, either through your own airline or through an alliance base.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk