Airline Mogul Forum

[FIXED]Aircraft delivery time (in general)

flasunco

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 23, 2007, 09:32:11 am
G'day,

as I'm not sure if it's a bug or wanted, I chose this forum. Also, I checked for other threads of similar topical nature, to no avail.

So, I'm wondering what the current status on the aircraft delivery time is. Until ca. one day ago, most aircraft (except for the ones with 48hr delivery) would be delivered after 23 real-time hours. If the ETA said "2 days", that meant "next hour" in real time. Now I see ETAs of "1 day" and "0 days", which of course makes sense, I'd like to think of it as a bugfix. Yet it seems to me the deliveries now take up 25 or 26 real-time hours, which would be more than the in-game 24 days. For example, I ordered an aircraft (ID 95486) yesterday ca. 10am local time (CET), meaning 9am GMT. But now, at 10:30am CET (09:30am GMT), its delivery is still pending.

Could anyone please look into this. Also, I offer my apologies if this topic has been covered elsewhere.

flasunco
size=8]Quantum Emperia Airlines | ID 5080[/size]

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 04:51:54 pm
Something weird just happened.

I had some brokerage requests listed with Hampo. He accepted just within the last 30 minutes, and now I have the order ready for pick-up! The only in-game notifications I have are the ones where he accepted, not ones where they have been listed.

I bought one aircraft (ID 98217) to see what info it had.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 05:25:41 pm
This happened last round.

All the aircraft on order somehow got delivered before they should.

Sam

flasunco

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 07:09:28 pm
Sooo ... is anyone able to answer? Right now I can't really rely on the given ETAs, which is kind of ... let's say sad.
size=8]Quantum Emperia Airlines | ID 5080[/size]

Hampo

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 23, 2007, 07:15:33 pm
It will probaly be back to normal now. It has just happened a few times before... don't worry.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 23, 2007, 11:05:40 pm
It happened again with a brokerage order that Hampo accepted a few hours ago. This time, it took until the next day change for the planes to be immediately delivered. My alliance members have been experiencing the same issues, as well.

I will also say what happened to flausunco happened to me yesterday, as well.

Moderator ... this thread should probably be moved into the Bugs forum.

Planet Express Airways

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 23, 2007, 11:14:00 pm
essentially what you were saying is aircraft were delivered an hour late... if that is correct. then yes. it's been fixed, and it was an error.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 11:25:27 pm
Sorry. The issue I brought up (in post #2) in this thread is different. Brokered planes (Constellations) are being delivered 23 hours early!

Planet Express Airways

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 03:05:41 am
Quote from: "pseudoswede"
Sorry. The issue I brought up (in post #2) in this thread is different. Brokered planes (Constellations) are being delivered 23 hours early!

hmm... i'm not seeing in the code why that would be at the moment.. I'm going to take a break and then look it over again with a relaxed mind.  from initial scans however, this should be alright.  You know, a requester only receives the notification that the aircraft has been listed to them, no other message is put in the inbox.  

I'll definitely be looking into this.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 03:37:30 am
Quote from: Air Elbonia
You know, a requester only receives the notification that the aircraft has been listed to them, no other message is put in the inbox.  

I receive a notification when the brokerage request has been accepted, then another when it's listed. Currently, I get the accepted notification; then, at the next day change, the planes are delivered without a listing notification.

Planet Express Airways

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 03:45:30 am
Quote from: pseudoswede
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
You know, a requester only receives the notification that the aircraft has been listed to them, no other message is put in the inbox.  

I receive a notification when the brokerage request has been accepted, then another when it's listed. Currently, I get the accepted notification; then, at the next day change, the planes are delivered without a listing notification.

delivered as in in your fleet or delivered as in waiting for you to buy.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 03:54:55 am
Sorry. They appear in the Incoming Private Offers section.

This also seems to be why people have been confused about why a brokerage request accepted a few hours prior (with a 24 day delivery time) suddenly changed into, for example, 68 days.

Planet Express Airways

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 11:37:01 pm
Sorry. They appear in the Incoming Private Offers section.

This also seems to be why people have been confused about why a brokerage request accepted a few hours prior (with a 24 day delivery time) suddenly changed into, for example, 68 days.

found it. fixed it.  dummy me. oh well, all future brkr orders should be fixed. those who were lucky enough to have it delivered all-but immediately, enjoy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk