Airline Mogul Forum

Leasing out the out of production planes

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 11, 2007, 06:26:48 am
Hi, I was talking to another airline earlier, and I considered leasing out a plane to him. But something occured to me, even though I offered to lease out a plane to him that will be in production for the whole round, what would happen if there was a plane that was out of production, such as the Bach Air Yacht or Bellancia Aircruiser? I know that the rule is no less 5% of the ORIGINAL value of hte plane, but since a plane (like the Air Yacht or Aircruiser) is currently out of produciton, you can't easly find hte original value of the plane. So would a airline have to do if they wanted to lease it out? Make it no less than 5% of the current value? I'm just a bit confused, that is all.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 06:54:14 am
The original price is stored in the database in the magical lands of mystical wonder (namely tables).  so, the present cap and minimum still apply.  out of production planes are subject to the same leasing range as in-production planes. though, looking at the longer term, these minimum and maximum caps may be revised towards the end of the age.  this age shouldn't be a terrible problem, but the brackets on a 747 are looking pretty unreasonable off of the present numbers.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 06:57:44 am
Would be crazy if someone leased out a 777 and they couldn't even make money off it

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

LOT 737-300

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 07:27:05 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
The original price is stored in the database in the magical lands of mystical wonder (namely tables).  so, the present cap and minimum still apply.  out of production planes are subject to the same leasing range as in-production planes. though, looking at the longer term, these minimum and maximum caps may be revised towards the end of the age.  this age shouldn't be a terrible problem, but the brackets on a 747 are looking pretty unreasonable off of the present numbers.

Ah, so you mean if I went the below 5% of the value, there is something in the script telling me I can't? That was my primary concern, as I didn't know if there was something in the script that would have a minimum cap for the price. It's good to know that though, as that was my primary concern (didn't wanna get canned for selling a plane at like 4.5% on accedent or something like that because I didn't have the original price.)

Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk