Airline Mogul Forum

Plummeting Loadfactor

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
  • AM's official Spammer. Check my post counts.
    • View Profile
on: November 04, 2007, 02:10:25 pm
I had a 98% loadfactor on a route.  I reduced ticket price but the loadfactor went down to 32%! (stupid loadfactors :evil: ).  It wasn't just this route though--this has happened to me a lot.

Airline--Fly Mogul
Airline ID--5843

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 05:24:19 pm
Quote from: "nwaboy"
I had a 98% loadfactor on a route.  I reduced ticket price but the loadfactor went down to 32%! (stupid loadfactors :evil: ).  It wasn't just this route though--this has happened to me a lot.

Airline--Fly Mogul
Airline ID--5843

can i get some route id's?
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 10:48:26 pm
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"

Airline--Fly Mogul
Airline ID--5843

can i get some route id's?

The routes that i know for sure it happened to:

Boston to: Baton Rouge, Bermuda, Kalamazoo
Kalamazoo to: Los Angeles, Orlando, Minneapolis/St Paul, Tampa, Boston, Grand Rapids

There are a few routes that i cant edit/dont know about because i just left an alliance.  Also, the routes without competition were the ones that seemed to plummet--routes where i was competing with another airline usually stayed the same.  :?

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 12:27:06 am
you just left an alliance? alliance effect on demand can be pretty significant. up to +20%.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 11:33:03 am
you just left an alliance? alliance effect on demand can be pretty significant. up to +20%.

Is it on every route?

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

nwadeltaboy

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 01:28:11 pm
problem is, the routes are at 100% or 98% until i try to change them.  if i leave them alone, they stay at those high loadfactors.

I just joined a different alliance now.  Will the demands go back up now, or will they still plummet?

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 03:06:57 am
problem is, the routes are at 100% or 98% until i try to change them.  if i leave them alone, they stay at those high loadfactors.

I just joined a different alliance now.  Will the demands go back up now, or will they still plummet?

it all depends on the route network for the routes affected.

Airports individually gain demand over the age based on the number of unique airports any given city pair serves (manipulated in some way, of course).  Alliance bonuses are calculated in much the same way, however it's based off of Unique airports an alliance serves.  If on route X you were flying into an alliance members hub, odds are you got a large help from the alliance. if in the new alliance, no one has that hub, it probably won't do much.

An alliance between two airlines that are in no way connected often does nothing for either.

Oh. and the effect of leaving the alliance is not immediate, because i as of yet am not quite smart enough to automatically update every single route when such a change happens. so. the effect is not felt until competition changes the route, or you do.  i hope that i can sort this shortcoming out eventually, but at the moment. it is a significant design flaw that i unfortunately have no answer for.  Likewise with meal and drink prices, but i think i can sort that one out a little quicker.  First things first, multiworlds, hotswap aircraft, and mass editing of routes in some manner. they are the top three requests, and are my top three priorities.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk