Airline Mogul Forum

Uncopyrighted Airplane Photos

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
on: November 04, 2007, 02:39:33 am
I am starting this thread so we can all add photos of planes that either we took ourselves or we have found that are uncopyrighted.  This way we can use them for all the things that we need them for.  Like the brokers and the in game pictures.

If you find a picture on the internet that is uncopyrighted please leave the link to were you found it so we can verify that it is uncopyrighted.
Bryce Rea

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 02:51:53 am
Bryce Rea

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 05:04:29 am
By the way Sla, some of wikipedia's pictures are copyrighted and stolen from their owners

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

chankwokho

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 05:19:51 am
Just a thought...
Maybe we can take the photo from Flight Simulator ourselves, than its not copyrighted anymore  :?:
img]http://www.hkairlines.com/web/commonImages/indexLogo.gif[/img]

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 02:04:08 pm
Quote from: "Jps"
By the way Sla, some of wikipedia's pictures are copyrighted and stolen from their owners

I didn't think of that.  What about the pictures used for Airline 6
Bryce Rea

sla31

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 02:04:25 pm
Quote from: "chankwokho"
Just a thought...
Maybe we can take the photo from Flight Simulator ourselves, than its not copyrighted anymore  :?:

This is an idea.
Bryce Rea

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 07:02:32 pm
Quote from: "sla31"
Quote from: "Jps"

I didn't think of that.  What about the pictures used for Airline 6

That depends on the deal the photographers had with the devolpers of the game....

If they had an exclusive rights deal, then the photos are the property of the devolpers of the game for whatever period of time the contract stated(many times in perpertuity).

If it was a single use contract, the photos then become the property of the photographers for any other purpose other than being used in the game.

There are other derivative contracts and this probably isn't the best place to get into them.  But copyright fights can become very,very nasty drawn out affairs.
I had some photos taken from the archives of a magazine and sold to a software company for a MS Train Sim project.  It took me a LONG time to recover some of the money I should have recieved.  It actually wasn't the magazines fault, one of their employees stole a bunch of photos from them, that were on single use contracts.

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk