Airline Mogul Forum

aircraft depreciation?

CMS · 4 · 1303

CMS

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 02, 2007, 01:42:24 am
I'm noticing that my aircraft of the same type have different values.  I suspect its depreciation.  How is the Depreciation calculated? is it based on distance traveled or hours?  Does the difference from new affect maintenance costs?  What happens when the value gets to 0?   I did a quick search and didn't see any thing in the fourms on this, sorry if I missed it.

Christopher
ankee Airways (YAW):6271
Winning service sense 1865

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 02:06:34 am
Depreciation is straight-line based on a 20 year life from date of delivery.

All used aircraft are depreciated from the purchase price based on the remaining expected useful life of the plane (20 years - age).

maintenance is based off of fair value at present, which needs at least a minor shake up and is likely getting it in the near future. but... so busy of late. -_-
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

CMS

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 02:26:20 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
Depreciation is straight-line based on a 20 year life from date of delivery.

All used aircraft are depreciated from the purchase price based on the remaining expected useful life of the plane (20 years - age).

maintenance is based off of fair value at present, which needs at least a minor shake up and is likely getting it in the near future. but... so busy of late. -_-

A wise man (I'm sure some one can tell me who)  said "You get what you pay for."  Well, This game is probably the exception that proves the rule.  The amount of work you guys have put into this game without requiring payment is staggering.   Thanks for you hard work for my enjoyment.  

Christopher
ankee Airways (YAW):6271
Winning service sense 1865

Air Tycho

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 01:38:39 pm
The depreciation of an airliner's value is just basic economics. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk