Airline Mogul Forum

Terminal construction

IonWorks

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 01, 2007, 04:21:17 pm
So IND (Indianapolis International Airport) was out of gates, and I had 22 more routes planned out of there.  So I constructed a terminal with 5 gates.  Of the 2 original gates I was renting, 1 is now flagged for return.  Questions:

- At the start of the new month, am I losing one of my rented gates? If so, what happens to routes served by it?  Will they just automagically move to my terminal gates?

- The 5 gates I constructed -- they're mine, right? No one can rent them or take them from me, and I pay no rent on them (just maintenance), right?

Thanks!
IonWorks
AirlineID: 6654

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 04:23:56 pm
Yes, routes will stay but move to other gates,

Yes.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 06:16:04 pm
built terminal gates will never be lost to you.  

rented gates are assumed last in line for routes from that terminal, so yes. the rented gates may be returned if flagged and disused, however as long as they are used they can be kept indefinitely (Please Note: for every 10 gates built, up to 1 rented gate is automatically returned).

you pay no proper rent on them, just maintenance yes.  Maintenance is considered to be 3/4ths the normal gate rental for each gate.

so at a 100,000 airport, each built gate costs 75,000 a month in gate fees to maintain.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

IonWorks

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 07:28:56 pm
Thank you both!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk