Airline Mogul Forum

Most bought aircraft

Max2147

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 03:09:12 am
Quote from: "ALFC"
Quote from: "Max2147"

It also doesn't take into account the plane's speed, which is where the Martin 4-0-4 and the Connie really come into their own.  More speed = more routes per plane, which means that you don't have to buy as many planes.

your statement is nothing but an assumption, as i have NOT given the exact formula used. i precisely stated what was taken into account, i have not excluded speed.

Your calculation is about cost, and I'm not talking about cost.  I'm talking about income.
lying Badger Airlines

nofrills

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 04:21:09 am
You can't ignore cost.  An airline with higher income/cost will expand faster and eat you alive in the critical early stage of the game, and since the expansion is exponential (unlike in rl) you'll be done for, if you're based in the same city.  There are aircrafts, for a given range requirement, has the best capacity, then there are ones with best capacity per cost.

Pacific

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 05:14:26 am
Constellations can do roundtrips or 2x 0.5s across the pond.

Blue Sky Mine

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 12:01:04 pm
Quote from: "Pacific"
Constellations can do roundtrips or 2x 0.5s across the pond.

That is a reason indeed...
EO Blue Sky Mine (XAI), ID 2041

Mein Maserati fährt 210,
Schwupp, die Polizei hat´s nicht geseh´n,
das macht Spaß!
Ich geb Gas, ich geb Gas

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: October 24, 2007, 12:01:47 pm
Breda-Zappata BZ-308's too!

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

x5airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 25, 2007, 09:55:20 am
Quote from: "Blue Sky Mine"
Quote from: "KampfHase"
Must be the faster cruise speed of the Martin 4-0-4. Most new founded airlines don't need extra range, but more speed, espacially in Europe. So they can fly short routes, but more frequencies.

Connie also has more speed than RV6. But would you prefer +60 seats or a faster speed?

obviously more speed, because it won't really make much difference - you will have better seat/mile cost but then since you have more seats you will have to lower your fares to accommodate the higher capacity, so Connie would be much better than RV6. specially that it will help you compete on long haul
ulu Air Charter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk