Airline Mogul Forum

Scrapping Planes

Norfolk International Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 19, 2007, 02:26:04 am
Is I scrap a plane, does it go to one of the brokers?

Also, why would anyone scrap them, someone on the game must want them at some price, no?  :?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 02:33:55 am
Quote from: "Norfolk International Air"
Is I scrap a plane, does it go to one of the brokers?

Also, why would anyone scrap them, someone on the game must want them at some price, no?  :?

Yes, the plane could go to a broker, but there is a probability that it would be deleted as well.

Someone may want them, someone may not. This early into the game, someone would want them usually. But when you get further into the round, it depends on the model. Scrapping gives you 10% of the plane value immediately while putting it on market could result in a wait.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 04:29:30 am
That's why "Scrap Planes" is on Hampo's sig... :lol:

ID: 5000 ~ Flying Beyond The Stars

NewYinzer

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 01:49:25 pm
For example, you can scrap DC-3's in the 1960's to replace them with CV-540's. No one will want a DC-3 by the 1960's, so it is better to scrap later on. But if you want to get rid of an aircraft at a time in which it might sell, it is always better to sell it.

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 01:53:08 pm
Quote from: "NewYinzer"
For example, you can scrap DC-3's in the 1960's to replace them with CV-540's. No one will want a DC-3 by the 1960's, so it is better to scrap later on. But if you want to get rid of an aircraft at a time in which it might sell, it is always better to sell it.

When it is the year 1960 you start a new round so your DC-3 is GONE.. It's impossible for the whole AM to not want an aircraft especially a DC-3

Norfolk International Air

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 02:32:15 pm
There is no way on earth I am ever going to scrap a plane now  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Its like a stealth tax, the richer get richer and the poorer get .......................

:lol:

Jps

• Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 02:41:29 pm
Quote from: "Norfolk International Air"
There is no way on earth I am ever going to scrap a plane now  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Its like a stealth tax, the richer get richer and the poorer get .......................

:lol:

poorer..  :lol:   Yea but helps the broker a bit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk