Airline Mogul Forum

Several questions for a guru buddy

Tanocapo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 26, 2007, 05:55:09 am
Hi guys i love Airline Mogul big time!!!! :P  But as a newbie i have a lot of questions for you:

1) i've  started flights from A to B, C and D, but i can't connect B to C or D. How could i?? I have only a gate Should i need more gates?
2) Whats a .5 frequency?
3) My game says 2006, is this ok? ( i start just a few days ago)
4)How can i create a hub? Requirements?
5) A day is a game month, right? So month have 24 days? Or a day is divided by 30?

Well guys these were my questions.
Thanks in adv.
img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/iecapici/Signatures/sig_Air_Condor_600x100.gif[/img]

crcole

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 07:19:43 am
Hi and welcome

I am not a moderator, and in fact have only been here a few weeks myself.  So my answers are NOT official.   But I think I can help.

1) Each "gate " represents 10 "slots"  so you can open 10 flights.   No you can't connect point to point.  Only hub and spoke operations are permitted in this game.

2) a .5 frequency is a one way flight within a 24 hour period.  

3) yes this game round is almost over.   It will reset soon and start again.  ( see question 5 )

4) you create a hub after buying four or more gates at that airport.  The maximum hubs in this round is 6

5) a game day is equal to a real world hour.   Each month has only 24 days.   This round ends soon.  

Lastly, you need to click and look over the manual.  A lot of your questions are addressed there.  

good luck
img]http://www.wiztel.eu/amlogos/ce.png[/img]

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 07:21:42 am
1. Flights can only originate from focus cities, and planes can only fly from cities that they can touch.  To get a B-C/D flight you would have to create B as a hub. However, A-C is a valid route (if it can fly the distance).  Small variances may occur due to the alliance feature (which allows limited use of your allies focus cities, shared alliance wide.  This can be nice and useful, or can be detrimental to your own airline depending on who is in the alliance.  Alliances unfortunately aren't as flushed out as i'd like, but I'm working on a slightly more important thing at the moment.

2. .5 frequency is our way of saying it is a one-way flight. in other words, today it flies A-B, tommorrow it flies B-A, and repeats.  

3. That's fine, the date is the same for everyone.  We'll be having a reset at Dec. 31 2007 to start a new age.  The game will likely go down for a day or two as me and stephen have a few things we need to tweak between ages however i will try to keep this time as small as possible.  At this point, everyone will start fresh and on the same playing field, so take the time in this age to really try some stuff out.

4. Focus cities can be created, you must meet a few small conditions. First. the new desired hub MUST be on the same continent you started on, we operate a continental open skies theory here. (Keep in mind, Central America and the Middle East are treated in game as separate continents, which may throw you off at first).  Second. You need 4 rented gates minimum at the desired airport to establish a focus city, after this point as long as you have a gate there you can maintain the focus city. Third, you need enough cash.

5. A day = game month = 1 game month is 24 days; typically the month change occurs at the same time everyday however necessity may make me or stephen advance the game by a day to ensure a modification to the hourly script is working properly (this is relatively infrequent).

Hope that helps, feel free to ask some more.  I'm hoping stephen can get the wiki up again shortly, it didn't like the simpleness of my attempt to move it so now it's picked a fight with him (as i'm busily working on something else).
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Tanocapo

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 07:36:41 pm
U OFFICIALLY ROCK, GUYS!!  :D  :D  :D
I always try to read manuals first but because wiki isn't online yet, i ask here as Stephen said to me.
Thanks again and see you around!!!
img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/iecapici/Signatures/sig_Air_Condor_600x100.gif[/img]

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 08:14:14 pm
Personal appologies about the Wiki, I am having major problems with it. Even on the other server it isn't working properly but I aim to fix it over the weekend.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

crcole

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 09:23:20 pm
Hey Tanocapo, I have a text copy of the Wiki file if you want it I could send it to you via e-mail    It is around 63k  in size   PM me if you want it
img]http://www.wiztel.eu/amlogos/ce.png[/img]

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 09:41:51 pm
Well its still there and we do have all the data its just the files themselves aren't working for some reason. I want to reinstall it first but the reinstall I did went a bit wrong. The problem with the old server is all the formatting disappeared.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk