Airline Mogul Forum

Game Rules?

dskluz

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 03:41:53 pm
Quote from: "Pepperjack"

Hopefully there is a rule soon that you can only have one .5 per plane except if you're doing the base to base jumps. Maybe at that point allow multiple .5s per route as long as the planes doing it only have that one .5.

Actually, the rule should be only two 0.5's per plane, because this is actually physically possible; example: plane goes from LAX to JFK to CDG one day, then goes CDG to JFK to LAX the next, then repeats. If you have three 0.5's, then the plane would have to magically reappear at the base.
---Dskluz---

"Superior service, Superior savings."
(SUP) (2402) (Public World 506)
Founder, SkyTeam of World 506

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 04:23:37 pm
What's wrong with the 0.5 (I use them according to the set rules) is that a round trip does not pay 2x0,5, which really would be the logical thing. If people wanna go there, it is pretty safe to say they wanna get back home as well. The way it is now a 1.0 pays less than one 0,5, and uses more a/c time, and that can't be right.
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 04:28:20 pm
Quote from: "Scandalian Airlines"
What's wrong with the 0.5 (I use them according to the set rules) is that a round trip does not pay 2x0,5, which really would be the logical thing. If people wanna go there, it is pretty safe to say they wanna get back home as well. The way it is now a 1.0 pays less than one 0,5, and uses more a/c time, and that can't be right.

that'll be fixed. one of the problems with the present loadfactor formula is it doesn't curve revenues upwards like it should.  it might not be perfect still, however. a round trip will generate more ticket revenue then a one-way.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Scandalian Airlines

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 05:11:27 pm
Also, by adding a time factor to a 0.5 where you calculate that at least 50% of the time it took you to get to your destination should be deducted from your a/c time. 50% is adequate I think in regards that you do not have load-unload time on the way back.
img]http://www.lsn.se/televisionset/ScandalianAnimated.gif[/img]
Your skyrocket to elsewhere

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 05:15:15 pm
Quote from: "Scandalian Airlines"
Also, by adding a time factor to a 0.5 where you calculate that at least 50% of the time it took you to get to your destination should be deducted from your a/c time. 50% is adequate I think in regards that you do not have load-unload time on the way back.

it's assumed to return the next day. there's no problem with that part in my opinion. now, the fact you can create erroneous one-ways is a problem to me but i haven't got the accurate solution to that yet.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk