Airline Mogul Forum

round trips?

southeastern AL

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 13, 2007, 03:08:47 am
Ok I posted on this not to long ago but I was told that airplanes run out of hours so on routes like ATL-ATH I can use a 77L and still only fly 0.5. So my new question is can we (or can you make so we can) use 2 airplanes for long hauls routes? Now that the 77L is out i really want to fly ATL-Asia(if i can gates that is but not going there)
PS i dont want to keep this going(and start pissing you guys off) but i just wanted to ask
LY SOUTHEASTERN JETS

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 04:07:54 am
a one way flight is (essentially) a 2 day round trip.

present rules state you can have 2 .5's per route, so you could simply assign a second plane to the same city pair if you please.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

southeastern AL

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 08:28:10 pm
Not what I meant.....i want ATL-ATH to be a round trip right now all I can fly is .5 and only have a ATL-ATH leg then have a A332 ferry back to ATL. I don't want to add one more .5 flight I want it to go to 1.0. In the real world airline will base to airplanes on the route and what i mean is Delta fly's ATL-ICN with 2 T7s one leaves in the morning then sits over night and the other fly's back that night and sits in ATL then goes back to ICN. I would like it if we could do that so we can fly long hauls (as in ATL-ICN-ATL and not have a base in ICN and it be a round trip).
LY SOUTHEASTERN JETS

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 10:42:39 pm
Isn't that 2 * 0.5? (and i believe 2*0.5 = 1)
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 10:49:06 pm
Quote from: "southeastern AL"
Not what I meant.....i want ATL-ATH to be a round trip right now all I can fly is .5 and only have a ATL-ATH leg then have a A332 ferry back to ATL. I don't want to add one more .5 flight I want it to go to 1.0. In the real world airline will base to airplanes on the route and what i mean is Delta fly's ATL-ICN with 2 T7s one leaves in the morning then sits over night and the other fly's back that night and sits in ATL then goes back to ICN. I would like it if we could do that so we can fly long hauls (as in ATL-ICN-ATL and not have a base in ICN and it be a round trip).

it doesn't ferry back.

a .5 literally is Day 1. ATL-ATH; Day 2. ATH-ATL; Day 3. ATL-ATH... (repeating to infinity).  All flights are assumed to be able to have a validly launched return flight from the airport they arrive at.  In essence, you can only create routes from focus cities, but planes may take off and land from either airport as much as they physically can between those two airports.

ATL-ATH is long enough that the flight itself takes more then 24 hours to do a round trip of, thereby it doesn't ferry back (or it's breaking some big speed limits in doing so), if it were capable of doing a round trip it would be an option.  There is presently no support or capability otherwise to have multiple aircraft physically sharing one route (they have to be separate "routes" between a city pair).

If you're saying either way you want two planes to fly a collective 1.0 frequency; i fail to see the difference in game to two planes flying .5 (as it is truely what they would be doing).  maybe it's just me being stupid, (probably is).  If you were to fly any given route as a round trip over a .5, you'd have to lower prices in a similar fashion.

southeastern AL

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 10:49:49 pm
well your right just makes it more real(plus i hate the idea(don't get me wrong love this game thats the only thing i don't like about it) of ATL-ATH and thats it how do the PAXs get back to ATL?)
LY SOUTHEASTERN JETS

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 10:54:56 pm
say if A-B is the route you want to fly, B-C, A-D are 2 short routes to fill the hours

plane 1

day 1: A-B, B-C, C-B
day 2: B-C, C-B, B-A
day 3: A-B, B-C, C-B
day 4: B-C, C-B, A-B

plane 2

day 1: B-A, A-D, D-A
day 2: A-D, D-A, A-B
day 3: B-A, A-D, D-A
day 4: A-D, D-A, A-B

or

day 1: B-C, C-B, B-A
day 2: A-B, B-C, C-B
day 3: B-C, C-B, A-B
day 4: A-B, B-C, C-B

Got it?
In the second ooption of plane 2, you would get what you want. It is just a matter of your interpretation.

As for the base, it really doesn't matter because the current system don't care if you get any maint in, as long as you pay up.
D Express (id 616) 8)

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 10:55:29 pm
Quote from: "southeastern AL"
ok now i'm lost i would like a round trip on ULHs which right now all i can do is one-way and thats beacuse planes run out of hours so what we would do is base a airplane in the two citys and fly them back and forth(so ATL-ATH a plane would be based in ATL and one in ATH one fly's ATL-ATH one day and ATH-ATL the next but they can't fly anywhere but ATL and ATH)

I'm failing to see how that's different than two planes both flying .5 between ATL-ATH.  Because at its core, you have two planes, each flying one way within a 24 hour period. then flying the opposite way with the next 24 hour period.  This is exactly how the game treats its planes (though actually the game is presently indifferent at all times to which airport it is at, as long as it can physically be at an airport, and is in the database as having departed from a focus city.)

If it flies there, it can fly back (with passengers, not as a ferry).  If you have two of them, there's presently no timetabling in game except the imagined and the various constraints on where planes can fly, for all anyone else would know they would each fly and pass each other mid-route in mid-air.  In reality, all flights between a given city pair for an airline are grouped together, though few routes actually are round trip flights with a single plane.  The game, however, has no effective means of doing this thereby we have to bend reality a little bit for what we've got.

southeastern AL

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 11:08:59 pm
ok so what your saying is the plane flies a round trip even though it has .5?
LY SOUTHEASTERN JETS

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 11:18:38 pm

A plane flys one way on a given day with 0.5

It flies the other way (which is still one way) back the next day.
D Express (id 616) 8)

southeastern AL

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 11:34:34 pm
Quote from: "dktc"

A plane flys one way on a given day with 0.5

It flies the other way (which is still one way) back the next day.

got it thanks much :lol: sorry im a little slow today  :wink:
LY SOUTHEASTERN JETS

pTr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 14, 2007, 02:14:28 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"

...i fail to see the difference in game to two planes flying .5

Actually.. there is this tiny little difference.. the ticket prices would be harder to adjust~  :lol:
img]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff56/ptrshih/shanghaiyt3.gif[/img]

Shanghai Airlines ID:655

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk