Airline Mogul Forum

Recalling Leased Plane

Nelson Airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 07, 2007, 05:18:15 am
For some reason I can't recall my leased plane.  It was listed as 0 months.  I need to use this plane for my own use, but I can't get it back from being Leased Out!

aircraft id: 87005

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 05:28:47 am
Contact the airline for it to be returned, sorry the automatic return of planes isn't fully functional yet. it's set to be ready for next age (it has been determined to be too sudden of a shift to throw in mid age, especially with dec 31, 2007 getting rather close).

If the airline you're leasing to no longer appears in the rankings page, let me know though, as talking to them would accomplish nothing.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Nelson Airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 02:02:56 pm
I've heard of people posting a plane for lease...it gets taken...and then right away recalling the plan so they get the initial lease fee.

I'm not trying to do this, but it seems that some people can recall planes if this is true.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 02:06:41 pm
Quote from: "Nelson Airways"
I've heard of people posting a plane for lease...it gets taken...and then right away recalling the plan so they get the initial lease fee.

I'm not trying to do this, but it seems that some people can recall planes if this is true.

technically, they can't do it with the features of the game. Right now there is no way to retrieve the plane without the help of either the lessee of the admins.

However, if you are talking about cheats or scripts... then you may want to talk to StephenM or Air Elbonia in private.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Nelson Airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 06:37:08 pm
Okay, that's good I just wanted to be sure.  I bet what I heard was a rumor or an isolated mistake.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 10:42:51 pm
Ok... after verification, the rumor you heard is true.

Stop cheating now everyone! You will get your account banned if you continue to use the cheat. This is a promise.
D Express (id 616) 8)

CornField

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 03:15:51 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
, sorry the automatic return of planes isn't fully functional yet.

Oh man, could I abuse this for some serious fun......

Just wait until those little airlines put my planes on my routes, and zip its gone.  :D

Your  Favorite Hometown Airline

Air Klymaxia

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 03:55:07 am
Quote from: "Air Elbonia"
Contact the airline for it to be returned, sorry the automatic return of planes isn't fully functional yet. it's set to be ready for next age (it has been determined to be too sudden of a shift to throw in mid age, especially with dec 31, 2007 getting rather close).

If the airline you're leasing to no longer appears in the rankings page, let me know though, as talking to them would accomplish nothing.
I don't think there should be an automatic return of the plane, unless it's at the end of a lease.  If it's a month to month lease, they should have to contact the leasee.  This way it'll prevent people from leasing their planes and recalling them just to get the cash.

I've already had one recalled not even a minute after I had leased it.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 04:14:08 am
Quote from: "Air Klymaxia"
I don't think there should be an automatic return of the plane, unless it's at the end of a lease.  If it's a month to month lease, they should have to contact the leasee.  This way it'll prevent people from leasing their planes and recalling them just to get the cash.

I've already had one recalled not even a minute after I had leased it.

The automatic recall functions like the contracts in real world. The plane only got returned automatically at the end of the lease period (and leases for 0 month would no longer exist). The lessor would not be able to recall the plane. The lessee could return the plane early with a penalty for not fulfilling the lease. The automatic is as it says, automatically done by the system, not by the players.

As for that recall cheat, it will get fixed (as soon as a dev get online) and cheaters will be investigated.
D Express (id 616) 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk