Airline Mogul Forum

Confused

zvezdaman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: August 17, 2007, 01:09:22 am
I just ordered from the manufacturer 1 Embraer EMB 120.

It was just a couple of hours earlier that I bought another EMB 120 (my first one), from the open market broker's thing. It said my first EMB 120 would come in 24 days. I ordered a 2nd one, this time from the manufacturer itself, and when I look at my fleet it says only 1 EMB 120. and when I go to the aircraft market it says I'm brokering an EMB 120. I don't wanna sell the aircraft I just bought. really confused here.

I'm not sure if I even know what brokering means... :oops:
b]Aviosvet Interkontinental[/b]
Proud member of the Worldair Alliance
ID: 1901

Visit the Worldair Alliance's Forums: http://worldair.freeforums.org/index.php

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 01:13:58 am
Broker requests are, to be relatively concise, public requests for another airline to help you get the aircraft.  You pay a portion up front as a deposit, then you pay the rest when it's delivered to the airline brokering it to you.

Having an open broker request, or request in progress, simply means that it's either not been taken, or has yet to be delivered, listed to you, or purchased yet.  Requested aircraft will not show up in your fleet until you complete the deal (pay the other airline the remainder due).
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

zvezdaman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 01:16:20 am
So that means I still am going to get 2 EMB 120s and not just 1?

zvezdaman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 01:25:05 am
Blue Planet Airways has just accepted my Broker Request. So does this mean I get the aircraft or the other airline does?

sorry I'm really slow at this stuff but the more dum questions answered will mean less dum questions in the future. :wink:

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 01:37:50 am
Let me try to make an outline of the two.

Buy Aircraft. You select aircraft(s) -> pay full price -> Put on your books while manufacturer builds it -> delivered to you -> available immediately.

Request Aircraft. You select aircraft(s) -> Pay downpayment -> Another player pays the rest -> Put on other players books while manufacturer builds it -> on deliver, it's immediately listed to you in the sale market but remains as other players -> You have 3 days to buy it, exclusively.  -> If you buy it, you pay the rest and it's transferred to you. then it's available to you. -> If you don't buy it, the other player can choose to remove the sale offer, and use it as their own.

You will get 2 emb 120's. (provided you pay the remainder when the requested aircraft is listed to you).  The buy ac is a bit simpler, the Req Ac allows you to buy more aircraft initially, but you have to pay the rest on delivery to actually get the aircraft.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

zvezdaman

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 01:40:19 am
oright thanks alot. i think i know what im doing from here  :shock:

I was just sorta scared that when I looked up my airline on the rankings chart, after I had ordered 2 EMB 120s (none of em in service yet) and on ASI it said only 1 EMB 120 in the fleet. Oh well since you said so I guess it doesnt mean anything so oright then.

thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk