Airline Mogul Forum

Use of real airline names?

Shawn67

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 26, 2014, 06:30:17 pm
Hi, I have had an account with AM for years, but have NEVER actually played the game. Now, I am interested in getting started but am curious about real-life airline names. I obviously have a favorite real-life airline, and would like to use that name if possible if it does not violate any rules. If the use of real-life airline names is prohibited, then what about airlines that are now defunct? Thanks for any help that is offered.
Shawn

Shawn67

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 09:48:12 pm
Anyone? I only ask because I thought I read that real-world names were not allowed, but looking in almost every world available, I see literally hundreds of them being used. I would love to use my favorite airline in the game, but don't want to get booted for doing so. I play many other airline management games and with the exception of 1 which isn't very popular to start with, none of them have any kind of a ban on real-world name use, due to the fact that none of it is "for profit". Any light that can be shed would be appreciated.
Shawn

kvusiak

• Airline Operative
  • Follow me on twitter! Its the globe thingy below.
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter?
Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 02:59:36 am
I've used them, nothing really has happened... I think its ok if the airlines don't complain about copyright and all that mumbo jumbo, and if they have a problem, then fine I'll take it down no biggie. Out of curiosity whats your favorite airline?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 10:35:58 pm
We're not too strict about it, but we'd rather see that you don't use them. In any case, you can use almost-names, as Untied Airways,  Bitish Airways or Lufthamsa, etc...

Out of curiosity whats your favorite airline?
Widerøe of Norway is near the top of my list. Also SAS, but that's just my inner Dane speaking.

Shawn67

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 02:09:09 am
I've used them, nothing really has happened... I think its ok if the airlines don't complain about copyright and all that mumbo jumbo, and if they have a problem, then fine I'll take it down no biggie. Out of curiosity whats your favorite airline?

Southwest Airlines.....American would be my second favorite. Not necessarily for the great service, but just because they are sort of the "hometown" airline for where I live.
Shawn

kvusiak

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter?
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 05:46:27 am
Yeah American is always late and they're fleet is reallllly old. They still fly MD-82s into KABQ (Hometown). At our altitude its hard for those old engines to get up. I like Southwest also, America West was the all time favorite, shame they had to merge with Us Airways (worst customer service out of all the airlines).

kvusiak

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Follow me on Twitter?
Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 05:48:53 am
We're not too strict about it, but we'd rather see that you don't use them. In any case, you can use almost-names, as Untied Airways,  Bitish Airways or Lufthamsa, etc..
Yeah I used Herb D. Kelleger for my Southwest operation XD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk