Airline Mogul Forum

Frequency Suggestion

Picky

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 26, 2013, 03:44:02 pm
Hi

I was thinking that in real life airlines operate longhaul flightson a weekly schedule and this could be a better was of doing long haul flights from smaller airports. I am not sure how itcould work but posibly as follows.
Removal of 0.5 flight would be needed and replaced as follows
Daily flight 7x weekly remains at 1
Double daily 14x weekly remains at 2 and so on
BUT
then 6 weekly could be 0.8
5 weekly 0.7
4 weekly 0.6
3 weekly 0.5
2 weekly 0.4
1 weekly 0.3

the 0.5 would be replaced by this so
for example
10 weekly would become 1.5. Daily=1 plus 3 weekly =0.5
16 weekly would 2.4
This would allow more flexibility when scheduling long haul route which are always 1 or 0.5 at the moment. The idea still needs work especially in relation to aircraft utilisation but it could become an ideal way to fly long haul in the game and would be a lot more realistic. Any input foranyone would be appreciated.

thanks
Picky

norge

• Airline Supervisor
  • Partially Inactive
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 12:49:25 pm
I like this idea. Not sure how it could work, since 1.0 frequency is basically to a destination and back, while a 0.5 frequency is only to the destination, but not back. How would a 0.7 frequency work?

I think the most easy way to do this is to change the daily hours of the plane and make them into weekly hours instead, but I'm not completely sure how it would work though.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 11:02:08 pm
The suggestion is simple and could work - just not with the current game mechanics as far as I can understand. Anyway, the current loadfactor formula is not staying, it will probably be replaced soon (aka. the next few years :P ). Probably replaced by a weekly schedule system, a bit like you are suggesting here. I can't confirm anything though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk