Airline Mogul Forum

Choice of Aircraft Country Registration

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
  • What goes up must come down
    • View Profile
on: July 16, 2012, 04:51:15 pm
Hello,

All new aircraft purchased by an airline will bear a registration number of the country in which the airline set up it's first hub.

My first hub is at Paris CDG, so although my airline also has hubs in Beijing, Bangkok, Chicago or Vienna, all my airline's aircraft are registered with a French number type F-ABCD.

I think it would be a good feature if we could select which country we could register each new aircraft in. It would be nice to see OE-ABC flying out of Vienna, and HS-ABC taking off out of Bangkok Suvarnabhumi.  

Ciao.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:53:13 pm by Thunderstruck »

danio100

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 11:26:02 am
I think thats nice!!

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 09:46:48 pm
Speaking as an AM-user here; I think it would be a great addition to the game, but if you have bases in, let's say, ten countries, then you'll have a lot of options, maybe too many? It could confuse new players, and making it an opt-in feature would complicate the system.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 01:55:14 pm
Most Aeroflot planes are registered in Ireland. Just saying...
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 02:09:24 pm
They might be leased? I don't know, but it sounds plausible

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 03:24:48 am
I was just about to post a topic to this affect. I operate an airline in Africa and is planning to open many bases across the continent. I was really hoping to register my aircraft according to the country they operate from. You see in real life operating a South African registered aircraft based out of Kenya, for instance, would require either basing SA licensed crew together with the aircraft or licensing Kenyan crew in South Africa to be able to operate that aircraft in Kenya. Both options would cost a lot and require some serious organization. If it is going to be based out of there anyway for its entire lifetime it would make more sense to just put the aircraft on that countries books and operate it accordingly.

But alas... we're all doomed to accept the less logical option for the sake of practicality.

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 10:14:10 am
I use aircraft regardless of where their previous hub was, so I would not benefit from that feature. But maybe some day in the far future Stephen will find time to make less important improvements; he just have to finish the important ones first.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 02:21:23 pm
They might be leased? I don't know, but it sounds plausible

Correct, but the leasing company is owned by Aeroflot ;)
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk