Airline Mogul Forum

AM Finance predictions?

Commercial Air Services

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 24, 2012, 10:36:12 am
I am puzzled by the AM Finance prediction section  :roll:

It apparently tells me what projected revenues are, then deducts my projected fuel, staff, misc, gate, maintenance & lease expenses giving me a projected profit or loss at the end of the month.

So if my total revenue is €5,000,000 and my total costs are €2,500,000 then my profit is €2,500,000. So if my current balance is €1,000,000 then I would expect that €2,500,000 to be added to my current balance at the end of the month causing for my balance to be €3,500,000. Yet at the end of every month it is about €500,000 less than predicted by the AM's finance prediction section.

So where are these hidden costs? Why is it not shown? If it is where then and why is it not shown together with the rest of my finances where it belongs?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 11:35:16 am by Commercial Air Services »

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 11:53:43 am
Not really. If you have 1,000,000 at the end of the previous month, your statement should be true. But if you have 1,000,000 on the 12th, your statement is not entirely true.
That is because of the daily expenses which are deducted from your bank account daily. You can calculate exactly how much money you will have at the end of the month by subtracting the 'to date totals' from the 'projected totals' and adding your current balance to the result. That should give you the projected total bank balance at the end of the month.

If you add any more daily revenues and expenses, the result will change - usually to the better.

I hope this clarified your considerations :)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 04:51:52 pm
Also want to add that if you look at the cash on 24th, the rev from the 24th is not added in yet.
If you look at the cash on 1st, the pre-paid costs of the next month would be charged.

Plus, the projection can only assume that your rev and exp don't change, but often times, that would not be the case.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk