Airline Mogul Forum

Early game gate rentals

TheKevinShow

• Airline Operative
  • Please refrain from using ethnic slurs.
    • View Profile
on: September 18, 2012, 09:49:19 pm
Can you please change how gate rentals in the pre-game period work? I just joined the newest public world. I'm based at London Heathrow and I've bought gates at    Biggin Hill, London City, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted and Manchester. Altogether, flights from Heathrow to those airports take a combined four hours. That means my plane is sitting idle for 20 hours out of the day because the absolutely ridiculous rental system means I can't buy any more gates since I won't earn any money for the 24 hours until the game starts. I should be able to buy more gates in the pre-game period so I can fill my plane's time.

Calebrw

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 03:00:21 am
As far as I know, you cannot. You could modify the routes temporarily so that you're using more frequencies. Depending on your aircraft and the route in question, you can get 2k-10k more by doing this per routing, not a lot, but it adds up.

TheKevinShow

• Airline Operative
  • Please refrain from using ethnic slurs.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 03:14:06 am
I'm saying "I should" as in "it should be an option."

I'm aware of the multiple route fix but that shouldn't be necessary.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 03:02:04 pm
Alternatively, you could get cheaper gates and utilize more hours of your aircraft.

The thing is, you can rent gate up to a certain % of airline value in negative cash. This is similar to real world in the sense of credit rating.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 04:36:28 pm
I know it can be quite frustrating when trying to get to the top, but you can get there even with three routes at the beginning.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk