Airline Mogul Forum

[NaB] Wrong Image Showing Up

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
  • Owner of Volcano Airways
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
on: February 20, 2012, 06:57:07 am
In my two-plus years playing at Airline Mogul, this is the first bug I will ever report that needs some attention. My airline on Private World 2180, Volcano Airways, apparently shows my old airline logo (image) that I want to replace because apparently, I have cut my ties with one alliance and I have formed my own. I will show you what the images look like:

The current image (it still shows up when I have a replacement for it):

The picture I want the image above to be replaced with (reflecting the new alliance):

Thanks in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:47:35 am by MrOrange »
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 09:47:09 am
That is not a bug. When I look at your airline in that world (http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/show_airline.php?id=30954&wid=2180) I see the Cirrus Alliance logo. Try force-refreshing your screen to clear your browser cache, which is probably the cause of your problem. Just push Shift+F5 (or Ctrl+F5, can't remember, just try both) and you'll probably see it worked. If not, please post back so we know there's an actual problem ;)

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 07:56:30 pm
Ah ok. That must be my laptop acting up lately. Thanks a lot though, MrOrange -- I saw my new image on the world. :D
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 08:23:47 pm
Ah ok. That must be my laptop acting up lately. Thanks a lot though, MrOrange -- I saw my new image on the world. :D

The way we save images, your browser just assumes it hasn't changed and displays the old one. We save images using common file names as it saves some space on the server as people change their logos and we don't remove the old one, we just over-write it.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 05:34:37 am
[Stephen] What if I don't like the picture at all for any reason? Is there a way to delete it altogether without sacrificing extra time or effort to do so except to restart my airline all over again?
Proud owner of

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk