Airline Mogul Forum

Removed unfairly from world 2168

davecummings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Plane Spotting for the digital age
on: January 02, 2012, 06:06:27 am
It appears i have been removed from world 2168 rather unfairly and without warning I don't feel I did anything wrong with this world and I have been removed as I was leading this world by quite some margin can an admin look into this as I joined this world with PAID for tokens and I no longer have enough tokens to join another world needless to say I am rather upset I would like these tokens to be refunded as I never got chance to defend myself in this world and it's very unfair

Dave cummings
Plane Spotters Log
-------------------------------------
www.planespotterslog.co.uk

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 08:46:51 am
Looking into this already. Please refer to email correspondences.

Btw, owner of PW2168, please contact us.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:54:51 am by dktc »
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 03:31:17 pm
It appears i have been removed from world 2168 rather unfairly and without warning I don't feel I did anything wrong with this world and I have been removed as I was leading this world by quite some margin can an admin look into this as I joined this world with PAID for tokens and I no longer have enough tokens to join another world needless to say I am rather upset I would like these tokens to be refunded as I never got chance to defend myself in this world and it's very unfair

Dave cummings

Not really against the rules. It's been going on for some time.

IMHO, this function should be removed.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 03:47:25 pm
Or at least get the 30 tokens back when kicked.

davecummings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
    • Plane Spotting for the digital age
Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 04:41:26 pm
Agreed, I wouldn't mind but I did nothing wrong wasn't nasty to anyone or anything all I was doing was leading the world by quite some margin, I guess some people just cant take competition!
Plane Spotters Log
-------------------------------------
www.planespotterslog.co.uk

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 07:21:36 pm
I have to agree, this function is misused. As a result the mods need to either give back tokens (could be misused though) or remove the function (It has a valid use in some cases though).
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

Thunderstruck

• Airline Operative
  • What goes up must come down
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 11:59:29 am
Hello,

I am sorry to hear that some Private World owners abuse of the airline removal function, simply to remain at the top.

However I wanted to defend the function, which I have used regularly in Private World #1474.

I use it in the following case: "removal of inactive airlines". As you know, the number of players is limited. My world spans a time period of 50 years or more. As such it has been vital for the in-game dynamic that I be able to remove inactive players, hence creating opportunities for new airlines to join the world regularly. The game stays alive in this manner over decades, rather than getting clogged up with up to 80 inactive airlines and only 20 active ones. Note that I have clearly posted in the in-game forum that "inactive airlines will be removed / if you foresee a lengthy absence please remember to enable the Holiday Mode". Therefore I do warn players, and I also ensure only inactive players are removed.

Therefore I would contend that this function should be maintained, and only the players that proceed to irregular removals be held accountable of their actions (ex: they would have to reimburse the slighted player's paid tokens). Please, do not make that 1 or 2 players that act badly affect the game of hundreds of other players.

[Alternatively, if this function is indeed to be removed, then could you replace it with a tool that automatically removes inactive airlines from worlds?]

Thanks.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk