Airline Mogul Forum

Airline Evaluation?

Grawood

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 03, 2012, 06:44:01 pm
Hi,
I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong place - it seemed a good enough place to ask :)
Is it possible that some more experienced player can take a quick look at my Airline and see what you think I should do next?
I've kind of maxed out large airports within range of my FH227s as well as captured quite a few closer, smaller ones.
I'm thinking of saving up for a bit then moving to regional jets and putting something like a BAE146 on the longer, more profitable routes currently run with a FH227B.
Obviously I'm not out to rule the World (yet ;)), I just want to see how things work before I move onto bigger places in the next World.
I'm 44 overall and 8 in Asia and pretty happy with that for now :)
Thanks for any advice and comments...

Airline Mogul - See my airline
Public World #2160
Game Year 1984 - Year 2 of 5
Base - PEN WMKP
DOC - 1,547,348
SeagullAir (SGL)
Public #2505

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 07:03:36 pm
I've kind of maxed out large airports within range of my FH227s as well as captured quite a few closer, smaller ones.
I'm thinking of saving up for a bit then moving to regional jets and putting something like a BAE146 on the longer, more profitable routes currently run with a FH227B.

Sounds like a sensible idea to me. But maybe the BAe 146 is a bit too expensive? Is there a viable alternative at a lower price?
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

Grawood

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 07:34:12 pm
Sounds like a sensible idea to me. But maybe the BAe 146 is a bit too expensive? Is there a viable alternative at a lower price?

Thanks Virgin Serbia, yes now you mention it, The Tu-134 might be better for me as I need close to 2000 range to reach TPE, then the SE210 Caravelle Super 10B looks good for up to 1650 range.
SeagullAir (SGL)
Public #2505

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 07:35:43 pm
I would like to suggest going for a Caraavelle VI-N or Tupolev 134 instead of the 146.

I see you have a base at a small airport (3,1 million pax). There are not many more profitable routes from where you are, I would suggest you to open a new focus city. Kota Kinabalu International (WBKK) has 4,4 mill pax.

My priorities would be:
1. Get some DC-9's (or equal aircraft)
2. Open a new base nearby. Kuala Lumpur? Jakarta? Or Singapore if you feel for competition.
3. Fly to some more airports

Grawood

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 07:57:15 pm
I would like to suggest going for a Caraavelle VI-N or Tupolev 134 instead of the 146.

I see you have a base at a small airport (3,1 million pax). There are not many more profitable routes from where you are, I would suggest you to open a new focus city. Kota Kinabalu International (WBKK) has 4,4 mill pax.

My priorities would be:
1. Get some DC-9's (or equal aircraft)
2. Open a new base nearby. Kuala Lumpur? Jakarta? Or Singapore if you feel for competition.
3. Fly to some more airports

Thanks Matias. Yes I was thinking somewhere like KK for a base, then I should be able to run routes to all my existing gates and be closer to the big places in China etc maybe even Japan.

But to open a base I need to have enough money to get enough planes to use 40 slots right away don't I? Otherwise have to rent 4 gates and then give some back.

I think later I will go to Singapore and see what competition is like - there's one other guy there at the moment.

Next World I will open at a base about 9 mill pax if I can find with not much comp initially.

I want to learn how to make a good airline first then learn how to deal with competition.
SeagullAir (SGL)
Public #2505

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 08:14:41 pm
It is okay if you don't full up all the slots at the new airport, gates are cheap. I think it costs 60 times the price of one gate to open a focus city. Correct me if I'm wrong.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk