Airline Mogul Forum

Sortable aircraft search results

kmweber

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 07, 2011, 06:35:29 pm
When using the aircraft search, with whatever parameters are selected, results are sorted by price.  It'd be nice to be able to sort the list by the other information listed (pax capacity, fuel usage, range, etc.) to be more easily able to compare aircraft that are similar in one regard with one another.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 08:33:40 pm
When using the aircraft search, with whatever parameters are selected, results are sorted by price.  It'd be nice to be able to sort the list by the other information listed (pax capacity, fuel usage, range, etc.) to be more easily able to compare aircraft that are similar in one regard with one another.
This already exists with the aircraft search (you must login before the link works)

kmweber

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 08:42:29 pm
How?  Because I've tried many times to find a way, and I can't.

Be aware that I'm referring to sorting the list of results you get after you put in your search parameters.  Your search parameters will narrow down the results you get (e.g. you can get a list of all aircraft with pax capacity between X and Y), but you're still stuck viewing them in price order.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 11:28:42 pm
Okay, its definately an oversight that needs to change. As part of it I quickly put together an idea to display the information in an alternative format, making it easier to  visualise some of the aircraft (Its not always easy!) and to connect it better with the aircraft market.

Does anyone have any other ideas for the aircraft search that would make it more interesting and useful?
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 03:56:26 pm
Maybe the ability to choose whether to see the big images. They take up a lot of space, and makes it harder to make a fast comparison of the different aircraft on the list.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 05:36:45 pm
Maybe the ability to choose whether to see the big images. They take up a lot of space, and makes it harder to make a fast comparison of the different aircraft on the list.

It would be an option alongside the existing format. I am mindful of the size of the thumbnails and since it is set by airliners.net I cannot change them. There could be an expand icon, similar to what we have on the view aircraft/view routes pages to hide the image and some of the detail otherwise.
Stephen Murphy

kmweber

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 07:37:31 pm
Would the images not be loaded unless and until the user chooses to expand the listing?

Most of the time my only available Internet connection is dialup, and it'd be annoying if those images go ahead and load whether I actually choose to display them or not.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 07:45:16 pm
Would the images not be loaded unless and until the user chooses to expand the listing?

Most of the time my only available Internet connection is dialup, and it'd be annoying if those images go ahead and load whether I actually choose to display them or not.

Well I thought of either having an option or building it into the current listing, so it stays the same at first, but you can hit a button to expand the full information shown above. The information would load automatically if I do that show/hide option so yes it would have an impact on a dial up connection.
Stephen Murphy

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 11:29:20 am
Maybe a feature on the admin page that asks if you want to view photos? That way people can disable photos if necesary.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk