Airline Mogul Forum

TCA - Trans Continental Airlines needs YOUR advice!

Cerberus - HON Circle

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 01, 2011, 12:03:14 pm
world:http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_world.php?wid=2119
airline:http://www.airlinemogul.com/airlinemogul/view_airline.php?id=54874
hubs: ORD KORD Chicago O'Hare International  5 gates 70%, OKC KOKC Will Rogers World  4 53%
Financial Situation:
DOC: € 1,757,606
Bank Balance: € 2,281,364
Airline Value: € 98,399,186

fleet: which aircraft types do you recommend me? own suggestions: the EMB145LR is doing EXTREMELY well, it should replace the 4 non EMB135LR/EMB145LR planes as soon as possible. For further expansion I plan to use a mix of EMB145LR and later the Boeing 717 (I am looking to forward to the new flagship!)

hubs: Chicago now makes a decent profit after I ceased approximately 10 routes (mostly Midwest). Nevertheless there seems to be no potential given the extreme competition and the ongoing price battles. Oklahoma is so far a huge success: all routes are profitable (about the level of Chicago but the profit is more evenly distributed). Unfortunately only monopoly routes have a decent yield and the market seems to be limited as there is yet no hub effect in the game (I was hoping to steal some traffic from DFW).  Any ideas for new hubs? 

routes: are there more routes with very good or excellent potential without any competition which I could serve with the EMB 145LR from Oklahoma City?

I am looking for a new hub: so far FLL seems to be the most underserved large US airport and I am eager to expand toward Latin America: any ideas concerning routes or other new hubs?

1993matias

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Senior Manager
  • Play to have fun!
    • View Profile
    • Train pins and tie clips
Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 05:28:46 pm
First of all, use the forum code. It makes it easier for us to find your airline:

Now, to the point:
FLEET: - follow these tips to maximize profit - Begin with small 20-35 seaters. They are cheap, but leave a decent income. After a couple of months, purchase some 50 seater turboprops (e.g. ATR-42, Dash 8-400) - they are cheaper per passenger than equally sized jets, and still have a decent speed. After a year or so (DOC above ~5million) you can begin purchasing big birds (e.g. 717, MD-90, A319), or strengthen you regional lines by buying RJ's.

If you want to follow a little more realistic plan, you can jump directly to the RJ's. This will slow down the growth a bit, but you will still grow to be a big airline.

Consider the need for the different variants of aircraft. E.g. an ERJ-145XR isn't well suited for short routes, as it has a long range (and therefore is more expensive). The ERJ-145ER has a shorter range (and is therefore cheaper), so it is well suited for short routes.

ROUTES: Use premium gate search. It only costs 60 free tokens (or 10 paid) and is by far the best premium feature of AM.

HUBS: Forget anything about Chicago right now (unless you want some fierce competition). As this is a public world, there is much competition, and Chicago is the most used airport you should watch out there.

Miami is a good idea, it has more passengers than Oklahoma (Will Rogers World), and not so much competition.

Good luck with AM, and don't forget to read the in-game manual
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 05:34:16 pm by 1993matias »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk