Airline Mogul Forum

[+] Hub listings

TheKevinShow

• Airline Operative
  • Please refrain from using ethnic slurs.
    • View Profile
on: May 20, 2011, 06:57:30 pm
Is there any way airport pages could be altered to list which airlines use them as hubs?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:54:38 pm by MrOrange »

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 07:21:04 pm
If they have 5 or more gates, then it's 99.9% certain the airline has a hub at the airport. If they have 1-3 gates and have declared it a hub, then they wasted a lot of money and you don't need to worry about them.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

TheKevinShow

• Airline Operative
  • Please refrain from using ethnic slurs.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 07:25:06 pm
True, but not everyone knows that.

Virgin Serbia

• Airline Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 11:02:56 pm
I agree with Kevin. There should be a function listing how many airlines are based at a certain airport before you start your airline. It would be very helpful.

If they have 5 or more gates, then it's 99.9% certain the airline has a hub at the airport. If they have 1-3 gates and have declared it a hub, then they wasted a lot of money and you don't need to worry about them.

I often do that. For strategic reasons. I can create a hub, and very rarely will anyone start an airline there, even if i only have 2 or 3 gates. I can effectively "reserve" that airport until i have the planes i need to expand.
O0 Lotus Airlines of India (PW#2650) •

Canadair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 10:50:53 pm
I agree with Kevin. There should be a function listing how many airlines are based at a certain airport before you start your airline. It would be very helpful.

There is a "Top 10 Airports most Based In" listing when you view a world before you join it. Maybe not that useful for worlds with a lot of players in it, but still something.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 10:39:14 am

I must look at how I calculated that listing of top airports again. It should be relatively straightforward to calculate it and provide a more detailed listing.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk