Airline Mogul Forum

Is it fair ????

sacem · 13 · 3340

sacem

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 17, 2007, 11:23:39 am
The D Express Airlines ............. i think he did not like the others to join this game .....

:evil: [/url]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 11:36:45 am
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I sincerely believe that you spam my route with the 4 frequency flight first. This is not the only route that you spammed.

I am losing money on those kind of routes and yes, I agree that it is not fair for you to push me to lose money. But then again, you could change your hub to elsewhere. You could complain all you want if you think that you spamming my routes is fair while me fighting back is not. If that is your logic, I don't care.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 01:11:28 pm
Those things can happen if you decide to open up in a very, very busy airport with a lot of established airlines.

sacem

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 02:39:57 pm
Quote from: "dktc"

I sincerely believe that you spam my route with the 4 frequency flight first. This is not the only route that you spammed.

I am losing money on those kind of routes and yes, I agree that it is not fair for you to push me to lose money. But then again, you could change your hub to elsewhere. You could complain all you want if you think that you spamming my routes is fair while me fighting back is not. If that is your logic, I don't care.

You know ... I am not spamming your route as you think.... I already choose a price that I belive can be comfortable to you and me.... as you create a route you also won't set the price if the revenue is <0 .....

If I really want to spam you.... I will set the price to further lower to gain 100% loading....... I already set it to 50 % as I think that we can share the market ....... If I caused you to loose a lot of money.... I feel sorry about that...... I dunno it is a bug or ..... maybe I still dunno how to play this game.........

Kontio

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 02:42:40 pm
Quote from: "sacem"
You know ... I am not spamming your route as you think.... I already choose a price that I belive can be comfortable to you and me.... as you create a route you also won't set the price if the revenue is <0 .....

I don't think he wants to share the routes...
URL=http://www.aijaa.com/v.php?i=1113577.jpg][/URL]

Singaporeair

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 02:45:27 pm
no need to apology when you harming your competitor's profit :lol:
nited Sky Group member,ID:673

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 02:52:03 pm

If I really want to spam you.... I will set the price to further lower to gain 100% loading....... I already set it to 50 % as I think that we can share the market ....... If I caused you to loose a lot of money.... I feel sorry about that...... I dunno it is a bug or ..... maybe I still dunno how to play this game.........

No it is not a bug or anything. It is your attitude in opening routes. Basically, the more frequency you have on a route, the more seat you are providing it. To fill those seats, you have to lower your price. So, opening a route with so many flights is not a good practise. (I don't know if it is because you plays on AE and that you are used to high frequencies, but that is dumb.)

Another point is that under the current scripts, the customers all go to the cheapest flight on the same route (as it is irl). That basically means that although your planes are 50% full, mine would be much less than 50% full (somewhere like 30%). Facing that kind of situation, any airlines that have enough planes and money (such as mine) would drop his/her price. I believe I dropped to $50 because that one is not the first flight that I have to edit and the others prior to that one prove that you would follow my drop in ticket price. As a result it was dropped to $50 in an attempt to deter you from following. But then, you matched my price and basically I was tired of editing all these routes, so I dropped it to near $0 (1E-13).

I don't know why you would match my price while operating so many frequencies. You can't make reasonable profit @ $50. But then it was your decision, so I just assumed you want to play the "lose money" game and try to outlast me. Afterall, I can afford routes without profit but you can't.

An advise, try find an airport that has no flight out and base there. It would be much more profitable than HKG in the long run. After you have stood up solidly and gotten some cash, you are welcome to come back to compete in HKG. This is not the ideal starting airport in the middle of the round.
D Express (id 616) 8)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 02:57:34 pm
Quote from: "Kontio"

It is not about sharing ~.~

I could share and tolerate some operators who operate 0.5 or 1 frequency on my routes with 1 frequency. But someone starting with 4 frequencies... that is not an attempt to share my route. That is more of an attempt to take over my route.

HKG is an compeitive airport. Prices drop like water falls (same with situations in Ireland, or whereever StephenM bases out of). This is nothing new here in AM (or any other airline sims @ large, popular airports.) You think I would like to lose money?  :roll:  (*DEX refrains from saying something offensive*)

I don't mind people making accusation, but plz think and make sure that they are logical and reasonable. And frankly, if you insist that what you said is reasonable, give me 10% of your DOP from now on and I would agree with you (that you love sharing).
D Express (id 616) 8)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 03:06:53 pm
Quote from: "Singaporeair"
no need to apology when you harming your competitor's profit :lol:

agree, afterall this is what AM is all about :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

and before someone say something about not sharing again... this is a joke only
D Express (id 616) 8)

Kontio

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 03:10:48 pm
Quote from: "dktc"

It is not about sharing ~.~

I could share and tolerate some operators who operate 0.5 or 1 frequency on my routes with 1 frequency. But someone starting with 4 frequencies... that is not an attempt to share my route. That is more of an attempt to take over my route.

HKG is an compeitive airport. Prices drop like water falls (same with situations in Ireland, or whereever StpehenM bases out of). This is nothing new here in AM (or any other airline sims @ large, popular airports.) You think I would like to lose money?  :roll:  (*DEX refrains from saying something offensive*)

I don't mind people making accusation, but plz think and make sure that they are logical and reasonable. And frankly, if you insist that what you say is reasonable, give me 10% of your DOP from now on and I would agree with you (that you love sharing).

No need to get so worked up. Maybe it was bad choice of words from me. It was just funny to me that sacem could not take the hint about moving to a less congested market, but was really upset that you were not going to "share" just because he wanted to.
URL=http://www.aijaa.com/v.php?i=1113577.jpg][/URL]

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 03:19:41 pm
No need to get so worked up. Maybe it was bad choice of words from me. It was just funny to me that sacem could not take the hint about moving to a less congested market, but was really upset that you were not going to "share" just because he wanted to.

Maybe because I didn't get the message of "sharing"?? And I didn't pm him in-game like I did some other new players?? But then, who here would pm someone who starts with frequencies of 4?? (<-- only wondering).
D Express (id 616) 8)

MrOrange

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 03:25:13 pm
Me.

d1-3508

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 03:05:54 am
I have decided to lock this topic, for obvious reasons.
EO of Pacfic Blue, ID 302.
Senior Editor of AMM (Airline Mogul Magazine)
2nd Most Southerly Member in the game.
No longer an admin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk