Airline Mogul Forum

buying or leasing

fionnair

• Brokers
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 30, 2010, 06:00:47 pm
i've been playing in a public world for 2 weeks and have a doc of 40million. i carry 135000 pax daily. there is hardly any time left on the game 5 years should i continue to lease. i have 100 aircraft on lease or should i replace them with new aircraft?please answer need help quick
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 06:00:55 pm by fionnair »
Fionn

shaq

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 02:05:29 am
You have the moneY man !
The only aircraft i recommend to lease are L/H
Chief Executive Officer of Panama Airlines :D

noely71

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 02:39:25 am
On the contrary! Lease as many S/H as possible, on LOOOONG contracts - 99 months or more, at good rates. You're s/h costs ie maintainance, will be unchanged for 99 months (a/c are unprofitable after 50)! Then you only have to replace your l/h planes & routes. Far less irritating, and more fun to buy! Less time spent replacing a/c and routes!! Not sure if the profit is the same (it wont change for the life of the lease) campared to replacement planes, but it makes the game loads more managable!

Noely71

Drake420

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 06:28:40 pm
On the contrary! Lease as many S/H as possible, on LOOOONG contracts - 99 months or more, at good rates. You're s/h costs ie maintainance, will be unchanged for 99 months (a/c are unprofitable after 50)! Then you only have to replace your l/h planes & routes. Far less irritating, and more fun to buy! Less time spent replacing a/c and routes!! Not sure if the profit is the same (it wont change for the life of the lease) campared to replacement planes, but it makes the game loads more managable!

Noely71

I noticed the same thing about the maintenance costs..

So does the owner of the aircraft pay those costs? or how does that work?

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 01:10:11 am
Maintenance is paid by the owner of the aircraft, not the person leasing it.
That is why one has to be careful when setting lease prices/times, as other airlines may very well decide to keep an aircraft for the duration of the lease. If you can get long, cheap leases, go for it. However, you may need to start purchasing your own aircraft when you become so large that there are no more leases available (in the aircraft sizes you want).
There's more info on leasing pros and cons in the FAQ if you want to know more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk