Airline Mogul Forum

Help me

Aurora Rising

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: May 05, 2010, 10:59:09 am
Hey guys i joined airline mogul yesterday read the manual, set up a route and a gate. When i came back today my bussiness is in the red! How can i stop this from happening? what else do i need to do?

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 02:48:14 pm
A route and a gate?

Which would explain this situations.

Granted, we really can't help you without additional information.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Aurora Rising

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:14:15 pm
I setup a route from London to Paris, and i rented a gate at the destination. that is all i have done. What have or havent i done right?

Tiger Airways

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 04:58:02 pm
Well it may depend on how cash you started with, if you started with a little amount, a gate at Paris or London (whichever you bought) may have placed you in the red, or close to it. Wait it out and in a few hours i'm sure you will be back in black again. Also, dipping into the red is'nt always bad, when you start a new world it is highley likely you may go into the red from buying various gates to operate to. You gotta spend money to make money!  ;)

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 06:09:12 pm
You need more routes. Simple as that. A route from London to Paris alone is not going to make much of a profit after all the costs (especially the gate rent) get deducted, if any.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

Aurora Rising

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 11:41:46 am
Great thanks for the help guys!  ;)

JSnow789

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 05:44:07 pm
rent a gate at all the London airports and setup routes to each of them. You can go up to 2 freq for these to utilize your plane and generate more revenue but not more than 2... start expanding outwards from london when you have the money-drop the freqs back to 1 as soon as you can (keeping your plane busy)... Lease aircraft to get you more and more revenue... Remember-at the beginning-the capacity of the planes is so small that you really don't need to go to the big airports yet. Go to the mid sized airports to save $$ so you can fly to more routes.

And welcome-soon you will be as addicted as the rest of us I'm sure!

:)
Airline ID: 35061

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 09:44:07 pm
You can go up to 2 freq for these to utilize your plane and generate more revenue but not more than 2

From my first post...

http://www.airlinemogul.com/manual/index.php/Tips_for_New_Users#Routes

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk