Airline Mogul Forum

Unfair???

JSnow789

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: April 14, 2010, 05:48:06 pm
In world 1424 there is one player that is using leased in aircraft... and, that one player is also a known broker? How is this fair???
Airline ID: 35061

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 06:47:37 pm
Their job is to keep the supply of aircraft to the market healthy, if you believe they are acting in-appropriately to control the market, then we will investigate. But I would say that strategy would cost them too much in the long run and negatively impact on them.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

JSnow789

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 07:25:31 pm
ok, so just one player gets the benefit of leasing aircraft? I find it odd that there is just one leased in plane among the top 25 players in this world... there are no other planes for lease... is this a healthy market? I'm just asking here.. I don't mean to imply anything. But it does seem odd...

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:09:33 pm
The world has just started actually, so the market would be very under developed. We are working to have an official broker appointed to this world and this will be done in the next few days.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

JSnow789

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 09:15:27 pm
Thanks for the reply.

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 04:06:25 am
Just want to say that there are TWO players with leased aircraft in W1424. One could only lease out aircrafts when one owns more than 1 aircraft. I happened to have received a scrap, and so I threw them on open market. Whether you could get any of them depends on your luck. It is just a coincidence that Singularity got it. I didn't even know about that until I saw this post. The other Starship is leased by another (unnamed) airline, which you could locate if you go through the ranking list.

I have also ordered 2 Otter's for lease on the 2 Mar, 89 game date (ie. before your post). They will be listed on open market on 2 Apr 89.

There is nothing as fair in life... but despite that, I do try not to give any players any exclusive advantages in the early stage of a world. (Unless you see an admin/volunteer with a leased plane from me... those tend to be cheaper than usual ;) )

D Express' Fleet
Aircraft   
Operated   
Aircraft Name   Number in Fleet   On order
Leased In   
Aircraft Name   Number in Fleet
Leased Out   
Aircraft Name   Number in Fleet
Beech 2000 Starship   2
Not in Service   
Aircraft Name   On Order
Airtech Canada DHC-3/1000 Otter   2