Airline Mogul Forum

[NAB] View All Aircraft Page - Strange Dates

Arcanum

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: January 04, 2010, 12:07:46 am
On the View All Aircraft Page (under Aircraft), some of the dates are a bit funny.  The Boeing 737-400 and Boeing 737-500 both show up as being introduced in year 1, and there is a plane called "Santa's Sleigh" (the Manufacturer is Team Farrell) available from 0 to 20.  :o
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 12:31:05 am by StephenM »
Freedom Air - World 1073World 1217
ID: 33390

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 12:30:29 am
The two Boeing's were using old data that was changed. In order to stop them from being ordered but retain the aircraft information for existing aircraft they were given abstract manufacturing dates. This loosely relates to a time around this post: http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=10142.0

Santa's Sleigh is similar to the Boeing's. To stop people from actually ordering it, the aircraft was given an abstract manufacturing date. It was used I think on one occasion at Christmas prior to Multi-worlds. As for the manufacturer, I have no explanation for that.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Arcanum

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 01:03:16 am
The two Boeing's were using old data that was changed. In order to stop them from being ordered but retain the aircraft information for existing aircraft they were given abstract manufacturing dates. This loosely relates to a time around this post: http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=10142.0

Santa's Sleigh is similar to the Boeing's. To stop people from actually ordering it, the aircraft was given an abstract manufacturing date. It was used I think on one occasion at Christmas prior to Multi-worlds. As for the manufacturer, I have no explanation for that.

Thanks for the explanation.  :D
Freedom Air - World 1073World 1217
ID: 33390

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk