Airline Mogul Forum

Time Table Formula

intimidate2161

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: December 03, 2009, 02:15:51 am
Hi everyone, I am one of the newest members and have a question about a formula that I found in game Manual for Timetabling.  This is the formula ((Distance/Speed)+{Turn Time})*(2*Frequency)

I created a PHP program to do the calculation for me, but I have some questions about the values I have to input.

I know the Distance and speed, but what is the "Turn Time"?  Is that the turn around time and if so where can I find the value.  The other item is the "2*frequency".  What is that for?

Thanks

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 02:36:56 am
Turn time is the turn around time. It is aircraft specific, listed in the aircraft data.

Frequency is the number of flight, as specified by the player when creating the flight.

I hope that your php is only used for calculation as we do not appreciate our player using external scripts to play the game.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

intimidate2161

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 04:23:52 am
I don't know near enough about programming to mess with anything.  It's just for me to do calculations.  I can create a webpage and do math calculations - that is the extend of my skills.  So it's cool.  I'm actually going for a degree in computer programming, so it's just helps me with learing more about it.  I'm here strictly to play the game, interact with people and have fun.

Thanks for the info.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 06:23:32 am
It is so much easier using an Excel spreadsheet and a little imagination.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Flybynight747

• Airline Operative
  • FLY 747s
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 07:03:30 am
And after a while, you can just use your imagination, I find that a lot more fun and a lot more enjoyable.
Personally I do not use any spreadsheet or Excel.
I can tell you that at least 40% of my A/C are utilised to under 10mins and many have 00.00 time remaining.
It is very satisfying doing this using a bit of ole fashioned brain power alone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk