Airline Mogul Forum

terminals

nitro1009

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 24, 2009, 08:41:29 pm
whats the difference between terminals and gates in the game?
does a terminal do anything special?

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 08:48:36 pm

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
  • Owner of Volcano Airways
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 07:16:30 am
I might put that simply as:

Gate: a structure that you "rent" from the airports you serve (including your main base and focus cities). The price for a gate depends on how many passengers actually use the airport (between 50,000 for the small regional airfields and 350,000 for the mega-hubs), and the more gates you get (at least 4), you can form a "focus city" connecting more routes.

Terminal: a group of at least five (5) gates that you build your own that could be separate from the main "terminal" (all rented). The price of building a terminal is dependent on the airport's current passenger loads and how many gates you're willing to build to form one. Usually, you build a terminal when you're sure that your airline is working very well from either your main base or focus cities, so check your bank balance and gates before building one; it can be an expensive move, but I can tell you that it's worth it!
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk