Airline Mogul Forum

Aircraft

dominicyap

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: November 09, 2009, 09:59:56 am
What would be better to operate, MD-90-55s and 73Gs or A320s and A319s? The first set has more seats overall while the second set would have less MX fees(?). So, where should I go?
outh East Asian Airlines brings you overSEAs

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 10:54:45 am
Previously, I used the MD-90-30s (and before that the MD-80s) quite successfully. They have a few more seats than aircraft of comparable cost. However, recently, I have used the A319s as my main fleet (I tried, and didn't much like the A318s), with A320s and a few A321s for larger cities. That worked quite nicely too. I haven't used 737s much, but I don't see what would be the problem based on the stats. Really, with any of those aircraft, you will make good profits as long as you have a reasonably big base. The 100 to 200 seat planes are probably ideal for most airlines. If you are in a smaller city, you may naturally want to consider using smaller aircraft...

dominicyap

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 06:20:26 am
My point is what set is the best to be used, the first or the last set?

The 1st set's advantage is more seats but a larger MX cost.
The 2nd set's advantage is less MX but less seats.
outh East Asian Airlines brings you overSEAs

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 10:01:35 am
It's debatable which one, and would often depend on bases, competition etc. But, all of them will make lots of money, and its not really too important which one you choose. People spend a lot of time trying to decide on exactly which plane is best, when it doesn't affect profitability too much (as long as you choose something reasonable). I would advise going for the one which you like the most.

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 04:02:23 pm
Often times, it's best to buy one of each and try them out on various routes. That said, one aircraft may give you slightly more profits, but it costs 15% more. I think it's obvious you wouldn't choose that one. No one knows the profit algorithm for the game, so a lot of trial-and-error has to take place in order to figure out what aircraft is best for your routes.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

steventommyobama

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 10:09:07 pm
I go Airbus A320 for my big routes, Boeing 737-500 for mid-demand, and Fokker 70 for regional on my best airline!  It works out really well!

sne

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 04:36:03 pm
when u have leased aircrafts, can you buy them? how?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 05:03:59 pm
There is no lease-to-own option in the game atm, although it is planned (as are a lot of other things... ;) )

For now, you could PM the lessor and ask if they are willing to part with the aircraft.
A consideration though is that the older the aircraft is, the higher the maint costs would be.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

sne

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 01:10:17 am
hmm thanks. and what about the routes you have in planes that u leased? can you change them to other planes before u lose the leased ones?

dktc

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 09:21:47 am
You need to close them. If you could them one by one, you get an option to recreate them with another aircraft.
D Express (id 616) 8)
AM Membership Officer / Official Broker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk