Airline Mogul Forum

[Fixed] Route Bug

RPVByrne

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 31, 2009, 05:39:01 pm
I am in PW#976, my Account ID is 30859, Airline is called Button Air.

I tried to transfer a route I have from Chicago O'Hare International to Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County using aircraft Fokker F28 Fellowship 3000 - Aircraft ID 2 Flight No 15 to a different aircraft.

I recreated the route using a different aircraft and that has been created properly but it has not removed the old one as stated above.  The reason I was recreating the route was because i wanted to get rid of the old Fokker F28 Fellowship 3000 aircraft.

when it didn't transfer properly I tried to close the route myself afterwards however, when I try to do this it now says - "Route closure not allowed.  Existing route is the only connection between two or more other routes flown by this plane."

Please could someone advise how I can sort this out as I am now unable to remove routes or add routes, all I can do with this aircraft is alter the ticket price.

Thanks

Rob

« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 09:55:11 am by StephenM »

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 07:07:44 pm
Do you have multiple flights our of ORD and DTW with this plane? If so, closing ORD-DTW won't be possible.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

RPVByrne

• Airline Mogul Staff
  • Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 12:16:55 am
that's the whole point, I wanted to scrap the plane that was on that route so I closed the route and replicated it with another different plane..

when it replicated the route it didnt get rid of the initial one so now I am left with a new plane that I intended to have on the route and the initial one that should have closed that somehow didn't.

so,

1) there is a bug that is not removing the old plane on the route before replicating it with the new one.
2) because of the bug, how do I rectify it because it no longer lets me close the route..

therefore I now Have a stuck plane with a stuck route that I cannot do anything with other than alter the ticket price.

It needs an admin to figure out why it happened in the first place because as far as im aware it should not have happened and it is impossible to reverse or do anything with now.  I just get stuck with a plane that has mounting maintenance costs etc.

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 03:19:50 am
If you are having troubles working out where the problem is with the routes, write down where the routes are and use the Close all routes button on the Aircraft Info page. If this can't close the routes, there is definitely a bug.

OpieGr

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 07:14:59 am
The same thing just started happening to me this morning.  I was attempting to swap A/C so I could scrap a plane and when I try to individually close a route I get the error message.  Only a 1 frequency to each destination airport.

When I use the close all button it closed all the routes - but I can't recalculate the routes with a different A/C like the old way.

Any route from any airport via any aircraft comes up with this message.

World ID: 799
Airline: Opie Air #22572
Example aircraft: #20201 out of IAH - wouldn't close individually but worked with the close all button.

Thanks!

Edison Tai

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 10:32:58 am
I have the same problems to close the route one of my planes  in W789.
I tried to transfer a route I have from Shanghai Hongqiao International to Nanjing Lukou International - Route ID 40974 using aircraft Airbus A319 - Aircraft ID 8838 to a different aircraft.
Now I have created the same route flown by a different aircraft, but the previous route still can not be closed and got the message:
Route closure not allowed.
Existing route is the only connection between two or more other routes flown by this plane.

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 10:36:07 am
This bug may have arose from a change to the backend. There will be an update made within 24 hours.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 11:33:48 am
Try now...

sorry about that. trying to optimize something and missed a capitalization typo.

If that doesn't fix it, I'll take a closer look next chance I get.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk