Time Remaining

fazon · 19 · 5710

Flybynight747

• Airline Operative
  • FLY 747s
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 09:22:58 pm
Thank you for your response.

Firstly, I would like to assure you that I was in no way being critical of this game, either in it's present form OR how it might progress with new ideas implemented.

If the maintenance idea was implemented as an AUTOMATED part of the game, thus reducing each A/C hours, I would be all for that.
The reason for my quite stark response is this, I plan all A/C movements, flights, schedules manually. I choose NOT to use matrix's available, online programmes etc to max out my A/C available profit-routes.

As a user with over 200 A/C in one world I operate in, the thought of having to then manually include C and D checks or delays would seriously impact on my enjoyment of the game.

I realise this is personal to me, and maybe not to other users, but that is why I LOVE this game, I cannot (and will not on a public forum) try to explain why I absolutely and completely enjoy YOUR game above all others that I have found online.

So, in short, if it was automatically included that an A/C could only fly 21 of it's available 24hrs, I am all for that, indeed it would make things far more interesting, but, if I had to factor that in manually, I would be ******

Jay JAY AIR #30312

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 12:25:32 pm
It would be difficult to have a system where by one plane could automatically cover another with small airlines, or airlines with only a few of one aircraft. To keep LF the same, you would need the same aircraft to be serving the route. That said, that would be the most realistic way to program the large maintenance checks.

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 03:09:07 pm
^ there must be a way to choose if you want it or not in a new world. as for hot swapping aircraft when the other aircraft goes down, how about we get hotswap actually.

It will be better to pull aircraft out of service for heavy D checks, but if these go ahead, maint costs have to dramatically come down to balance everything out or just a sutiable amount in order to not loose the airline too much money

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: October 20, 2009, 03:34:55 pm
Just to point out Ali, if hotswap would be used it would be logical that it is created first.

Wth regard to mx costs, they would change as in effect the cost of aircraft checks is included in the existing mantenance charges. So the monthly charge would reduce.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk