Airline Mogul Forum

A/C Request Feature

wcwraymond

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: October 14, 2009, 07:47:30 pm
I just wonder why I should request an aircraft from brokers instead of buying it from manufacturer.
It still take 24 days to deliver.
It takes 35% deposit but you still need to pay the rest later.
You can't do this: spend all money as deposit, and when the order is accepted let your account drop well below zero. then you enjoy earning money with big planes and quickly win the deficit back to positive.
No brokers like to reduce the price to >5% now ( at least in my world ). Even if it is 5%, that just a small amount saved, and that sum you earn back in 1 hour real life.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 07:52:15 pm by wcwraymond »

wcwraymond

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 07:55:31 pm
BTW in my world most of the time I can earn back the cost of a plane at open Market within 24 hours even when it is +10%.
In short, the ROI < 24 days. :P why should i bother to deposit money and wait for someone to go online so unreliable ( you can max wait for 6 game months! think of what your money can do in 6mths)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 09:06:11 pm
It's the simple fact that brokering allows you to request basically 3 planes (+/- markup) for the same price you would spend on one plane directly from the manufacturer. The wild card, as you said, is how quickly those requests are picked up.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

Iconoclast

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 09:14:30 am
Brokering is wonderful if you have an active broker who is giving a good discount.  If a broker can accept a request within 12 hours, then the discount more than makes up for the time waiting plus you can purchase three times as much.  This way there is 1/3 the wait for your planes if you make a huge order, I always try to max out as many planes as I can afford when I do a broker request.  Then when the planes are ready, I have more than made the money to buy them and I still have more to keep brokering.

If you have a slow broker, or one who is only offering a 3% discount it really is not worth the trouble.  Unless they 3% broker can accept a request within an hour you get a much better ROI just buying yourself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk