• View Profile
    • My personal blog
on: September 20, 2009, 07:24:30 am
Airline Name: Volcano Airways (VAC)
DOC: 1,543,323
Airline Value: 53,781,809
Airline Mogul ID number: 30954
Hub: MNL     Focus City: DVO

I have a question regarding joining an alliance, wherein my airline has started up very quickly with new destinations around Southeast and East Asia, plus Australia, and it has been expanding very quickly as well by purchasing used aircraft and are being deployed to 80 destinations, 37 of which are within the Philippines (my home base). My aircraft inventory is pretty diverse, with a following breakdown of existing aircraft (with number of orders):

VardaxServ-Aero Hotter: 15 (0 orders)
Cessna 208A: 3 (0 orders)
Pilatus PC-12: 2 (2 orders)
Antonov An-38-100: 2 (0 orders)
Canadair CL-215T: 2 (0 orders)
Canadair CL-415: 2 (0 orders)
CASA C-212-300P: 1 (0 orders)
CASA C212-300: 1 (0 orders)
Piper PA-42-1000: 1 (0 orders)

Total: 29 aircraft (2 orders)

Now, I'm expanding even further into more Southeast, Eastern, and Southern Asian destinations by purchasing more aircraft and opening more destinations possible from my main base in Manila and my focus city of Davao. And now, I'm thinking of joining an alliance for many reasons, the most important being:

- I want to allow my airline to grow even further by serving destinations in Europe, Africa, Australia, and the Americas, with aircraft that are fuel efficient while carrying comfort and high quality of service.
- I want my airline to be a competitive one by being environmentally friendly (using small aircraft and those that waste little fuel) while bringing people to many destinations, both familiar and exotic.
- I would like to form "codeshares" between my airline and other airlines so that they could fly to MNL from their home base with ease and comfort, and it will allow, therefore, seemless connections to more destinations.

Even though my airline value is pretty high now, I'd like to see it flourish quite more, with more passengers and routes, that is, and I believe by joining a great alliance would actually help my airline grow even further by serving more destinations and gaining profit by codesharing and allowing airlines to fly to my base. Would anyone like to help me venture on alliances, and if you may want to suggest some great alliances to join in, please let me know? I would also like to know what the benefits are of joining an alliance, plus the monthly contributions I need to pay, and the requirements you will need from me to join your alliance. I'm currently looking at SkyTeam, Open Skies, and STARlite, and I'm thinking which one of those (or you could propose to me one) that I will join. I'm serious in looking into joining an alliance, it's just that I'm wondering which among them would give me great benefits (such as aircraft allocations or income) while I conserve the environment by using small aircraft and add more flights to my record.
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

ATE24

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 08:12:30 am
Omitted.
I wouldn't comment on your business model after reading your case. It's up to your own decision.

But I would like to point out that:
1) Code-sharing is not available in Airline Mogul.
2) There are limited (or no if you need turboprops) choices of planes in Airline Mogul for you to perform long-haul flights while being environmentally friendly.
W737 - EASC - The convergence of great European airlines

wishfulanthony

• Airline Operative
  • Owner of Volcano Airways
    • View Profile
    • My personal blog
Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 08:38:59 am
I see. Interesting. I'm going to use Gulfstream G500s and Bombardier Global Airliners as my aircraft for long haul trips... I saw them at the aircraft search, and I found out that aside from being capable to travel long distances, they burn not as much fuel as other long haul aircraft can. I'm taking advantage of affordable new and used aircraft to travel to a bunch of destinations, and I maximize their use to get good profits...

The main thing, though, is what will I need to do to join an airline alliance? Are there any requirements that I need to meet before I get admitted?
Proud owner of

ID: 30954 · Owned Private Worlds 1596, 1757, 1936, and 2180 · Sojourner Dream · Need help on AM? Read my guides here

CHR

• Brokers
  • Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 03:40:00 pm
Firstly, when you consider the environmental impact of a plane, you should consider the number of seats on the plane too. Small planes, while often consuming less fuel per mile, consume more fuel per seat mile. In the real world, it generally uses far less fuel per seat to fly a larger aircraft than a small one. Just something to consider...

If you want to join an alliance, you should either post your details in the alliance section of this forum and the in-game forum. You may also consider asking the leaders of any alliances you are interested in, what exactly they offer and what rules they have.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk