Airline Mogul Forum

737-700 HGW

que280

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: September 02, 2009, 03:33:49 pm
I am replacing my 737-300's with the 700's but I am finding that the 700's makes less than a 300's on a route, yet the 700's have 15 more seats and uses less fuel. Many routes I am increasing the amount of the fare yet I am making less if not little more on that route and there are times when the price is the exact same but the 700 is making 1-3000 less on the route. I just understand why it is not an improvement and anyone that can shed light on it I would appreciate it.

Thanks

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 03:41:02 pm
The Misc costs may have gone up due to the larger aircraft size. I'll take a quick look if I can find your account, otherwise can you read the following topic:

http://stephenm.org/smfforum/index.php?topic=35.0
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

que280

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 03:43:17 pm
Thanks for the quick reply and thanks for looking into it

ID 8156
World PW#45

StephenM

• Administrator
  • Airline Board Member
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 03:58:31 pm
Okay, a quick investigation gives me the following:

In AM the difference between our estimated max takeoff weight of the 733 vs 737HGW is an 11% increase, (We use a reasonably accurate formula due to the issue of filling in the blanks on aircraft where we do not have sufficient data). At a rough check of figures for the 733 vs 737ER there's an actual increase of 23%. The takeoff weight is then used in calculating some of the airport charges. These are not currently broken down in AM however.

That may be one reason for making less money on the routes. The other is that in adding greater capacity you are diluting your fares, and yield since the supply is greater.
Stephen Murphy
Airline Mogul Chief Developer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk