Jetway

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: July 17, 2009, 10:37:36 pm
Route ID: 24798
Airline ID: 20058
Airline Name: Pacifica Air Lines
World: 452

The thing is, when I try to create a route with a flight number (PA04001), I get a message telling me that that flight number is already in use. It isn't. (I used Firefox's find function to search my View Routes page for anything with 04001 in it, and it found nothing.) Weird. However, if it's hopeful, I do have 2 similar flight numbers: 0401 and 4001.

Just for now, that route has PA04002 as its name.
And if anyone wants to know what overly complicated route numbering system I use, please feel free to ask. And yes, because I'm getting all worked up over a flight number, I am a control freak.:D

Thanks for reading!

overworked

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 10:21:01 am
Airline ID: 27760
Airline: Continental Movers Corp
World: 730

I have a slightly different problem.  I have put in a unique ID number for some my flights, however if I go to close route, I will not allow me to do that.  It gives me this error "Flight Number Error  The flight number you selected is already in use by your airline."  The route is London to Dublin, route ID:27197.  my route ID is CMC 10035.  In order for me to close the route I need to remove my route ID, in this case CMC 10035.

Secondly, I notice that one of the airports is being mislabel.  By this I mean in the view gates page it listed at Altenburg, Spain.  But when I look at the view routes page it label as Leipzig - Altenburg.  Sorry, I don't have an image for either issues.  I haven't figured out how to insert an image on to this posting, yet.   I only figure it out because I was trying to change planes for this route and by chance I create different route to Altenburg just prior to my attempt to close this route.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:39:46 am by overworked »

aceofspades

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 02:36:01 pm
Airline ID: 20166
Airline: Iberia
World: 730

I have a slightly different problem.  I have put in a unique ID number for some my flights, however if I go to close route, I will not allow me to do that.  It gives me this error "Flight Number Error  The flight number you selected is already in use by your airline." 

I am having the exact same problem. I tried to close several routes just to check, and had the problem with all routes that were assigned an IBE flight number out of both my hubs, but I was able to close the routes with the old five digit numbers.

Air Elbonia

• Administrator
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 05:10:13 pm
Try closing the routes now... I think we got it. Sorry about the issues.
Air Elbonia, First in Time Travel since 2073!  (AEB ID in Game: 333)

Jetway

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 06:34:41 pm
I think I've got the cause for my problem: The game engine can't tell the difference between a blank space and a zero. PA4001 and PA04001, for instance. Seems rather obvious now. :-[ Oh, well, let's go make the 27th change to my flight numbering system... :-X

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk