Airline Mogul Forum

Getting Started

mikey1604

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
on: June 08, 2009, 09:54:34 pm
Just getting into the game but as a newbie wanted to make sure I was good for rules and protocols. So I started with "Tips for New Users" and that says the first thing to do is get familiar with the Game Rules.

All good so far, but then I hit Rule 5......A maximum of TWO (2) n.5 frequency flights are allowed in a route.

So having messed around a bit I know a route from a frequency, but still dont get what n.5 means exactly? Can someone help and if it not just me could the wording on this rules page be stretched out here to give an example maybe?

iranair777

• Brokers
  • Airline Senior Manager
    • View Profile

mikey1604

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 10:36:49 pm
Thanks iranair777. I did try the search but got nothing to answer my specifc question (searching for "n.5" does nothing and searching for other words about rules and new user tips was no better). Still none the wiser having read that article. I'll just play on until someone shouts at me :-)

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 10:45:23 pm
OK, here goes.  A 0.5 frequency is a one-way flight between A and B, whilst a 1 frequency is a round-trip.

There are a couple of issues surrounding 0.5 freqs:

1.  A plane can only do two 0.5 freqs out of any airport (which is all about logic).
2.  You can only set up a maximum of two 0.5 freqs on any route (a game rule).

Does this help?
ID: 8330

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 05:38:19 pm

What about having aircraft A, and B on 0.5 to an airport? This does not upset any logic?

mikey1604

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 09:39:18 pm
Thanks jghastings - your second point clarifying the game rule is just what I was after.

jghastings

• Airline Operative
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 09:46:27 pm
I think I probably should have clarified that the reason it was written as n.5 is that you can also have 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 etc. frequencies, and the same game rule applies to these as it does to the basic 0.5.  So, if you are already operating a 0.5 and a 2.5 on a route between A and B, you cannot then launch another flight over the same sector with a n.5 frequency, but you would be permitted to fly a 1, 2, 3 or other multiple round-trip.  Make sense?
ID: 8330

Tiger In Training

• Airline Supervisor
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 04:43:24 pm

What i am asking is, can i have 2 different aircraft, flying the same route, but both on n.5s? I don't think it upsets logic, as both simply spend the night in the non hub port. :)

pseudoswede

• Airline Manager
  • Play to win, not imitate.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 05:59:33 pm

What i am asking is, can i have 2 different aircraft, flying the same route, but both on n.5s? I don't think it upsets logic, as both simply spend the night in the non hub port. :)

That's perfect fine. Adding a third aircraft doing n.5 would be a no-no, though. Plus, I would find another place for your other aircraft to spend the night.

Planet Express Airways
Member of the FT Alliance
ID: 3446

Opinions expressed in my posts are suggestions to achieve maximum airline value and top rankings.
If you do not wish for either, then feel free to ignore.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk